Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Female Discussion > Female Diet Forum
User Name
Password

Old 03-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
Kubie07

Diet

Hello... I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a diet made specifically for me? Or atleast a good website to where I can find someone that is close to my age, height, and weight?
Thank you!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
Ms.Wetback

Can I get some information first please ???
Post up your age, weight and height there are a number of ladies on here, including myself, that would be more than happy to help you.

If you feel uncomfortable posting it up just PM me and I can help you out privately.

Ms.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:23 PM   #3
Kubie07

-Height: 5’4.5”
-Weight: 130-135
-Goal Weight: around 120
-Goal percent body fat: 9-12%
-I have been lifting/cardio since 2004 for 5-6 days a week
-I feel I am in great shape, just cannot drop the fat-I feel I am on an ongoing plateau
-My metabolism is HORRIBLE
-Supplements: Protein shakes, Lean Out, Tonalin CLA, Creatine, Flaxseed Oil, Multi Vitamin, Super B-Complex, Glucosamine. I also drink green tea and black tea.
I would like to do Figure eventually
Thank you so much!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
Ms.Wetback

130lbs is not big I am the same height and have gone past 135 and still was never "fat" Post up a little more detail on your workout routine and diet. I am not a diet guru but will get you the correct info and in the right direction. As ar as the lifting, many times people plateau because they are doing the same thing over and over and over again for years, like you stated since 04'. Lets see what your doing and what your eating and wher we can help you out.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:12 PM   #5
Kubie07

Monday: Day off w/Cardio-40 min
Tuesday: Chest w/1 hour cardio
Wednesday: Back w/40 min cardio
Thursday: Legs w/1 hour cardio
Friday: Shoulders w/1 hour cardio
Saturday: Biceps and Triceps w/1 hour cardio
Sunday: Day off w/Cardio-40 min
--I do between 4-6 lifts w/3 sets of 8-15 reps; I always go to failure.
--Every week I change what I do for that muscle
Old 03-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
Ms.Wetback

If you are trying to bulk and add some muscle then you are doing overkill on the cardio. If you are trying to lean out, then it all goes back to dieting. I will get back to you on a diet routine and some examples.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:25 PM   #7
Kubie07

Thank you so much... and how much cardio would you reccomend?
Old 03-18-2007, 07:38 PM   #8
Mick-G
VET

Mick-G is on a distinguished road
Not a woman, but id cut out the creatine. It can bloat you out. My wife is in similar situatation but you are far younger. If you want to lean out and loose weight, then what my wifes trainer is saying is to use your body to do the weight training and not the machines, especially the hip abductor or inner/outer thigh machines, becuse if you are predisposed to getting larger in those areas it is better to do stretching excercises for legs and upper body and using like a flat bench for arms, back etc. and dont forget the abs. You can use dumbells for lunges tho. Then keep up the cardio, but the diet is key in you loosing your weight. If you are eating as much in cals as you are expending you will most likely see no dif. You have to basically go on a cal restricted diet that also implements low sodium, no trans/sat fats, but alittle of the good ones, eliminate or reduce oils, no sugars. Fish, chicken, yams, veggies, lean meats, egg whites, some dairy, are all good, but you need to watch your portions. If your metabolisim is slow you might want to have a dr do some testing on your thyroid, like t-3, and t-4 and tsh, also maybe a glucose fasting test just to make sure everthing is normal.
Mick-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #9
Ms.Wetback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubie07
Thank you so much... and how much cardio would you reccomend?
If you are trying to add LBM, keep it down to 3X a week. And I prefer to opposite days of lifting.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #10
Kubie07

Calories... I try to stick to around 1200 calories a day... is that a good number?
Old 03-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #11
Friscochick

Friscochick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Wetback
130lbs is not big I am the same height and have gone past 135 and still was never "fat" Post up a little more detail on your workout routine and diet. I am not a diet guru but will get you the correct info and in the right direction. As ar as the lifting, many times people plateau because they are doing the same thing over and over and over again for years, like you stated since 04'. Lets see what your doing and what your eating and wher we can help you out.

I agree MS.. Totally,

Welcome girl we'd be glad to help...You need to change your workout routine AND cardio up every three months or when you feel like your platueing. What do you want to look like? What are your goals?

I also think you are doing WAY to much cardio.. You can do way more with a clean diet and minimal cardio and more weight training. Are you doing conditioning excercises or compound? Are you tryint to build muscle? if so, i stick to more compound excercises like for free weights.
Friscochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:08 AM   #12
Kubie07

-Height: 5’4.5”
-Weight: 130-135
-Goal Weight: around 120
-Goal percent body fat: 10-12%
-I have been lifting/cardio since 2004 for 5-6 days a week
-I feel I am in great shape, just cannot drop the fat-I feel I am on an ongoing plateau
-My metabolism is HORRIBLE
-Supplements: Protein shakes, Lean Out, Tonalin CLA, Creatine, Flaxseed Oil, Multi Vitamin, Super B-Complex, Glucosamine. I also drink green tea and black tea and now Tetrazine ES-50
I would like to do Figure eventually

Monday: Day off w/Cardio-40 min
Tuesday: Chest w/1 hour cardio
Wednesday: Back w/40 min cardio
Thursday: Legs w/1 hour cardio
Friday: Shoulders w/1 hour cardio
Saturday: Biceps and Triceps w/1 hour cardio
Sunday: Day off w/Cardio-40 min
--I do between 4-6 lifts w/3 sets of 8-15 reps; I always go to failure.
--Every week I change what I do for that muscle

...I am now going to cut down on cardio a bit
Old 04-16-2007, 01:16 AM   #13
Kubie07

Is around 1,400 calories a day too little?
130lbs - wanting to lose but maintain muscle growth
5'4"
Old 04-16-2007, 07:30 PM   #14
Ms.Wetback

EVERYONE wants to loose but maintain muscle growth. It is next to impossible without "help". At 1400 you will not be growing at all.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:58 PM   #15
Kubie07

Thats what I was thinking... is there an "average" amount of calorie intake I should go by? I've went to the calculators online but they all come out with very different numbers