Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HDH
    • Jun 2015

Questioning the "I' in AI Chat Bot

Is anyone using or has anyone used the ai chat bots?

Those m***** f**"**make me want to bash my head into the computer and break it like one of the old smileys used to do. Blood went everywhere

It was almost a cross between these two- and ;

Kinda kidding kinda not. Pretty sure that was a venting tied in with a bit of over exaggeration. It makes my vent work better, more satisfying if you will

It can make for an interesting story as well

Anyways, it was my impression that you could talk back and forth a little bit with these bots. Single questions, for the most part have been ok. I think a regular search engine is fine for a simple search.

Except when they don't have an answer, of course. They put out paragraphs of bla bla then tell you they don't know.

That's actually not as aggravating as when you are trying to go back and forth a little. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking with a fast typing idiot.

You can tell they were programmed by humans. By the extra unnecessary chatting when they don't have a straight answer. Even if they do have the correct answer, it's wrapped around a bunch of unnecessary shit. I'm looking for the short answer. If there is something I don't understand, I'll ask.

I got mad talking to one a little while back and asked if they were sure they were AI, like the program gave a shit.

I'll give the bot this much, they did apologize right after I said it.

Any good from anyone on it?

Bad, of course is also welcome and fun to discuss
  • Silntrunin
    VET
    • Mar 2023

LOL

I use chatGPT quite a bit myself. Takes a little getting used to but I think its much better then regular search.

The key thing you need to keep in mind is that the AI output is only as good as the input. So you have to know how to properly ask it shit to get a good response.

I usually always tell it that its a professional mechanic (whatever the subject is) and then ask it what I want. The response is totally different then if you just flat out ask a question first.

I was having trouble trouble shooting my Mustang so I told chatgpt it was a ford certified mechanic specializing is fuel and emissions systems and gave it the symptoms and it rattled off everything I should check and step by step how to.

Not sure where this technology will lead to but it is interesting as all hell.

Comment

• HDH
      • Jun 2015

I definitely see what you are saying. I do fine with single questions. Very good choice of words and placement by the way.

I'm speaking more of back and forth chatting. They seem to get I little tipsy, lol

I'm sure the interactions will improve with time as both parties learn, I'm just glad I'll more than likely be dead by the time they take over and kill all of us

Comment

• MindlessWork
        • Aug 2011

Soon we may be speaking to a bot when calling customer service. These bots will eventually become so good that you won't notice that you aren't really speaking to a human. That's scary.
        “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• Silntrunin
          VET
          • Mar 2023

Originally posted by HDH
          I definitely see what you are saying. I do fine with single questions. Very good choice of words and placement by the way.

I'm speaking more of back and forth chatting. They seem to get I little tipsy, lol

I'm sure the interactions will improve with time as both parties learn, I'm just glad I'll more than likely be dead by the time they take over and kill all of us
          Haha, same here brother. After these past 5 years ive been telling my wife the same thing.

Between AI and all this gender crap going on Im glad im on the downslope of all this. The future world doesnt look bright to us old dogs.

Comment

• HDH
            • Jun 2015

Honestly, I don't care what anyone does to themselves or what life they want to live.

I just don't like anything forced on me.

IT does make for some good jokes though...

[QUOTE=Silntrunin;396261]Haha, same here brother. After these past 5 years ive been telling my wife the same thing.

Between AI and all this gender crap going on Im glad im on the downslope of all this. The future world doesnt look bright to us old dogs.[/I lootQUOTE]
            Attached Files

Comment

• HDH
              • Jun 2015

Funny jokes, lol
              Attached Files

Comment

• 1bigun11
                • May 2022

Funny stuff, man!!

Comment

• HDH
                  • Jun 2015

Originally posted by 1bigun11
                  Funny stuff, man!!
                  Yes sir, crazy shit going on during this time period.

Comment

• preist943
                    VET
                    • Apr 2018

i really think AI will lead to the worst situation humans have ever found

Comment

• kriegernindo
                      VET
                      • Feb 2020

Just came to say true AI doesn’t exist. I think most people know this. But maybe it should have been called AAI “artificial artificial intelligence”

Computers are not sentient, yet.

Comment

• HDH
                        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by kriegernindo
                        Just came to say true AI doesn’t exist. I think most people know this. But maybe it should have been called AAI “artificial artificial intelligence”

Computers are not sentient, yet.
                        I agree, that's why I question the I

Comment

• HDH
                          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by preist943
                          i really think AI will lead to the worst situation humans have ever found
                          Ya, I plan to be dead by that time, lol

Comment

Working...