Routine help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Naughty Nurse

Routine help

OK gals and guys, I need some help now. No matter how hard I try, I CANNOT seem to get any more time, for now, to devote to my home gym...certainly not the time to attend a gym!! lol Between my degree, a very demanding 9 month old, other wifely duties LOL, and going back to work soon, I can't seem to find an effective routine.

I have a Northern Lights gym, in case anyone is familiar with them (Canadian), and they are manufactured for gym quality and use. Does all major exercises....leg extensions, thigh ab/adduction, hamstrings, seated rows, fly,3 postion seated chest press, lat pull down, and a bar to attach to do bicep curls and the like. I was only doing 2 sets (3 when I was lucky) of 15 reps of a weight that is heavy enough that if I were to do one more rep I'd probably lose my form.

Now, what can I do to get the most of this? It should preferably fit into 30-60 min. Should I go 3 reps with less weight? Stay 2 reps and go heavier? 2 reps and decreasing weight with the last? How would it be best to shock my muscles to get the most out of my working out? I also currently do 4 days of 30-45 min cardio/week.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I take that you are not doing a split routine. I suggest that you split your body into four separate areas and blitz each area once per week. Abs can be done eod. examples would be

Day 1 chest, shoulders
    Day 2 back, traps
    Day 3 Quads, hams
    Day 4 biceps and triceps

For upper body exrecises my rep scheme would look like 12,10,6-8,6-8,6-8
    Quads 20-30, 12-15,12-15,12-15 etc
    hams same scheme as upper body
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Friscochick
      • May 2004

Originally posted by liftsiron
      I take that you are not doing a split routine. I suggest that you split your body into four separate areas and blitz each area once per week. Abs can be done eod. examples would be

Day 1 chest, shoulders
      Day 2 back, traps
      Day 3 Quads, hams
      Day 4 biceps and triceps

For upper body exrecises my rep scheme would look like 12,10,6-8,6-8,6-8
      Quads 20-30, 12-15,12-15,12-15 etc
      hams same scheme as upper body
      I agree, if you already do not split your BP's up, please do so. If your short on time do 3 excercises per BP and since its your home gym there is no waiting. Take short rest in between sets and get a cardio workout as well, by not taking to many rests.

:bounceang

Comment

• Naughty Nurse

No I wasn't doing a split routine....I've been trying to cram as much as possible in....way wrong I know, but I thought better than nothing lol!! Now I'd rather slow down and do it right, because I'm only coming along slow anyway, so I might as well get the most out of it!! Thanks LI...think I better print this stuff out!!

Comment

• Naughty Nurse

Originally posted by Friscochick
          I agree, if you already do not split your BP's up, please do so. If your short on time do 3 excercises per BP and since its your home gym there is no waiting. Take short rest in between sets and get a cardio workout as well, by not taking to many rests.

:bounceang
          I was basically doing lower about 3 days a week and upper the same. Thanks FC.

Comment

• Naughty Nurse

And the gyms in my area keep closing....tells ya something about my community!!! So it is very difficult to get any hands on guidance.

Comment

• BigSickD
              Vet
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Naughty Nurse
              And the gyms in my area keep closing....tells ya something about my community!!! So it is very difficult to get any hands on guidance.
              Don't worry we have alot of gyms and people still can't get any hands on guidance, it's sad but true.
              BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• rado

Originally posted by liftsiron

Day 1 chest, shoulders
                Day 2 back, traps
                Day 3 Quads, hams
                Day 4 biceps and triceps

I like.

Comment

• Naughty Nurse

I have started this morning implementing this new routine...shall keep you updated!!! I already feel like I had a better workout than my old methods....aahh, live and learn!!!

Comment

Working...