X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • workingout
    VET
    • Apr 2004

need advice

Say a guy had worked really hard for a few years, (Weights, cardio, diet) did a long yet moderate dose cycle while competing in athletics, then stoped lifting and competing abruptly for seven months. he still walked and wrestled/BJJ on a regular and frequent basis. If he wanted to start using gear again how long should he be lifting before he starts.
    He who does not strike first is the first stricken.

BS ESS
  • BigSickD
    Vet
    • May 2004

Originally posted by workingout
    Say a guy had worked really hard for a few years, (Weights, cardio, diet) did a long yet moderate dose cycle while competing in athletics, then stoped lifting and competing abruptly for seven months. he still walked and wrestled/BJJ on a regular and frequent basis. If he wanted to start using gear again how long should he be lifting before he starts.

I say you should train for a good three months first, wait I mean the guy that you are talking about. Actually bro, when i was out last year for about 12weeks because of neck surgery, I did a cycle about a month after I was able to train again, and got great results. It is all up to you and how you know your body.
    BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

If you were very active in BJJ you should have retained enough muscle to start right away.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• workingout
        VET
        • Apr 2004

Yea I'm still fairly big, packing a little more fat than when I was fighting. The muscle can still be seen under the padding.

have been rolling 3 times a week from 90 mins to 3 hours. always spend about an hour warming up before we go all out. Is that what you would define as very active?

also been doing moderate walks, moderate intensity for 40mins, or low intensity with 45 lb pack for 40 mins, 5-6 days a week.

Diet has been SHIT! sounds like getting the diet under control is more of a fafctor than the lifting....

BS ESS

Comment

• Deacon
          Vet
          • Jan 2005

I think when you get back to what your lifts were before you quit - I mean natural levels - then I would hit the juice again
          Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
          "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

• house1

get your diet in check - train for a bit - then its on you when you feel your ready to start again

Comment

• CO-B16
              Vet
              • May 2004

i agree with bsd... its all up to you, but you do need to get your body back in lifting mode.... get your joints up to par with lifting again, make sure your form is back to where it was before you stopped and then you should be ready to go... and yes your diet should be in order also...
              THIS POST IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

YO MOMMA

Comment

• workingout
                VET
                • Apr 2004

good points made by all.

I like what you had to say Deacon, seems to make good ol horse sense, I know I can make those lifts again, and it gives me a goal to shoot for.

Thanks bros.

BS ESS

Comment

• Mudge
                  • Sep 2003

It takes me about 6 weeks just to get back to a full routine again. :shrug:

Comment

Working...