quad shots

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruster

quad shots

never given a quad shot...needle size? and excatly where..if you have any pics it would be great... also.. how painful??
  • Mertz98

that will show you how and where

i would suggest 1inch 25-23 gauge needle, and you dhoul have very little or no pain at all if your technique is good and you dont use to many cc's at a time.

Comment

• ENraged

that site has very nice play by plays on all the major parts to stick metal in to.

Comment

• JohnnyB
        vet
        • Jul 2003

That's the spot

JohnnyB

Comment

• Ingram

Quad shots are the bomb! Easy to do and they can soak up allot of oil. Allthough I personaly find them to be a bit painfull when you first break the skin.

Spotinjections.com gives a pretty good idea where to shoot.

-Ingram

Comment

• Easto

I've only tried quad injections once. I found that is was pretty painful going through the skin, so I pulled it out and injected by bicep.

I think I may have just hit a sensitive area, but quads are good if you are going to inject more than 1CC. The best part is that you can use 2 hands ti inject. Bi's and Delts can get pretty tricky with one hand.

Comment

• bruster

like this

so just to the right of the rectus femorus..(right quad) right?

Comment

• rock

I started with 22g 1" and know I use 1.5s.....goes passed the scar tissue

Comment

• swampwood

I might sugest not trying a quad shot the night after squats-for me its a good way to bend a pin or be really tough.

Also note there are 3 distinct quad muscles you can shot for.See in anatomy chart.

Comment

• bruster

mm

where..what anatomy chart?

Comment

• swampwood

Not in here yet. Do a browser search is all I can tell ya. I have medical books from school(I was pre-med)

Comment

• mugzy

I only do quad shots....The back always cramps up on me when I go for the glutes not to mention its a bitch to aspirate.

Comment

• swampwood

I have to do Glutes blind and have trouble reachin to start with and yes that freakin back cramp-Mutha. Ever try holdin a mirror w/one hand while asprating?
                          I would try the Bi mus. like easto but I haven't grown a bicep yet.

Comment

• DIESELLL

gotta love those quad shots

I always do quad shots they are great only hate them when I use prop they hurt like a bitch.

Comment

• elijah_123

No prop in the calf..that is not a fun experience There are some mistakes I won't make again.

Comment

Working...