NCAA ATHLETIC ELGIBILITY (please help)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FKITLETSGO

NCAA ATHLETIC ELGIBILITY (please help)

just wondering what the rules are as far as athletic elgibility for college students. When exactly does your 4 year window start closing in? is it when you touch the feild your first down during a game or is it when you attend a university or is it when you apply to the clearing house ? Just wondering when my time clock starts ticking. I went to a community college for two years and am now at louisiana state university for my first year. Has my clock already ticked or do i still have four years left? If you can find out some sound information about this for me then you are awesome. Please help
  • Easto

Just go ask someone at your school.

Comment

• Farm Boy

it generally starts when you begin. my first year in college i was red shirted. that was my first year, i had three to go. thats why colleges back in the '80's kind of frowned on recruiting from juco colleges. the players only had one or two years of eligilbility left.

Comment

• FKITLETSGO

starts when i begin college or starts when i begin playing ball?

Comment

• Farm Boy

when you begin playing ball. if you are red shirted, that counts as one year. sorry about the late response.

Comment

• swampwood

Hes not talkin about pasture leage there Farmboy=Go milk something. wwww:

Comment

• Farm Boy

ohh, he must be talking about playing ball at one of those schools that has metal seats and big lights all around the pasture, i mean field, i mean playing area. you know what i mean. and thanks to the new avatars, i can milk something! :bsflag:

Comment

• FKITLETSGO

there is no way your clock starts when you start playing. I just dont see that the case seeing as how almost all new walk-ons are always juniors somehow

Comment

• Farm Boy

keep in mind this is what it was like when i played in 1987. i was red shirted my first year and only had three years of eligibility left. i don't think that it has changed? he athletic department should be able to answer this.

Comment

Working...