an email i got yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urafreak

an email i got yesterday...

if you guys don't want to get email from us, don't subscribe to threads. and i hope a user of this board did not lodge a complaint but it is a misunderstanding.

Hello Steroidsupport.com Owner,

We have received a large volume of complaints about unsolicited email sent from your domain Steroidsupport.com. We insist that you desist from sending future unsolicited email. You must provide us with written acknowledgement of this issue and assurance that these activities will halt immediately and
    will not be repeated.

Understand that UCE abetting is as unworthy as sending UCE. If the aforementioned domain is referenced in bulk mailings, which generate complaints, these complaints are considered valid.

Please ensure that double opt-in lists are being used for any emails sent from this domain. If we continue to receive complaints about this domain, the domain will be subject to removal. If this is not acceptable to you, please make arrangement to move the site.

Below is a copy of complaint from AOL, please make sure that you run only a secure formmail (WebsiteOS Plug-in scripts formmail). If you're running a mass mailer or mail bombing scripts from our webserver you must delete them off our server immediately.
  • Easto

If you have been getting "unsolicited emails" let us know what info they contain.

If you go to USED/CP ----> Edit Option

There is an option: Use 'Email Notification' by default?
    Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in. *****If you click "NO" you will stop getting these Emails.*****

Comment

• swampwood

Should make shur yer not being piggyd. (ask for an example of mass)
      But it probaly from the subscrips.

Comment

• urafreak

Originally posted by swampwood
        Should make shur yer not being piggyd. (ask for an example of mass)
        But it probaly from the subscrips.
        i saw the example, it was from a subscribed thread by one of our members.

Comment

• swampwood

I hope it wasn't me

Comment

• urafreak

no sir... not you.

Comment

• YummyLicious

Sadly I have no clue what you're talking about. I don't sew so anything involving the word 'thread' I avoid.

Comment

• urafreak

Originally posted by YummyLicious
                Sadly I have no clue what you're talking about. I don't sew so anything involving the word 'thread' I avoid.
                lol.

all that email says is that the company the hosts my mail is upset because aol see's email from this site as spam.

bizzare.

Comment

• rubberduckyo

That IS odd. Sounds as though the member doesn't realize the mail is coming from here. People often get so much junk mail they just zip through hitting delete. AOL offers a block spam function. They could be mistakenly reporting the mail as spam.

Comment

• urafreak

gets even better, read this email i got today... does that make any sense to anyone?

"Unfortunately, AOL and Yahoo have automated programs which monitor spam complaints. We have no control over what they determine to be spam. As a consequence, you will need to stop sending these email messages immediately.
                    Sincerely,"

Comment

• rubberduckyo

Originally posted by urafreak
                      gets even better, read this email i got today... does that make any sense to anyone?

"Unfortunately, AOL and Yahoo have automated programs which monitor spam complaints. We have no control over what they determine to be spam. As a consequence, you will need to stop sending these email messages immediately.
                      Sincerely,"
                      Did they make you aware of who the member(s) were? I'm praying I didn't inadvertantly do it myself. Perhaps a pm notifying them of the situation?

Comment

• rado

I like spam

Comment

Working...