Couple post surgery pics

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PTAaron

Couple post surgery pics

Couple pics for ya... nothing too fun yet, still have the bandages on. In the close up of the back you can see the little line from the pain pump where it goes into the shoulder.
  • PTAaron

Tomorrow night I'll have some pics of it without the bandages and a video clip of the pain pump being pulled out.

Comment

• future

Sweet! I hope I get a cool pain pump.

Comment

• PTAaron

I'm sure you will... you get cadaver tendons - doesn't get much cooler than that!

Comment

• irongirl

Cool

Comment

• buffness

looks cool

Comment

• mpresiv

ouch!@!!

Comment

• bad14u

Hope you have a speedy recovery Bro!

Comment

• goes4ever
                  • Sep 2004

yuck.........I'll skip the video

Comment

• PTAaron

Some new pics... took these last night when we decided to change the bandage... the original bandage was feeling wet on my back and I didn't know why - until we got it off my shoulder... as you can see there is a pocket of blood under the plastic that is holding the pain pump hose in place - that is slowly dripping out down the pain pump tube and making the bandage stay wet.

Anyway - here are the pics... they are all up at http://www.ptaaron.com/surgery/

Comment

• irongirl

My god, what a mess..lol..the nurse in me wants to clean that up asap!

I have never seen a pump like that either. We only have morphine pumps that are regular IV's and the pt has a little button they click to give them a boost of it. Yours is cool!

Comment

• PTAaron

Yeah, it is pretty messy... tonight when we take the pump out we're going to just poke a hole in that "pouch" and drain it first, otherwise we're going to have a HUGE mess! I'm getting nervous looking at this pump though - it is getting close to empty and I know it is going to get pretty sore once it runs dry.

I finally get to take a shower tonight too, that will make it look a lot better.

Comment

• irongirl

You'll be alright!! Consider yourself lucky you had it that long My 2 big surgeries, all I got sent home on was Demerol, which is fuckin useless!

Comment

• PTAaron

Demerol is great! Morphine doesn't do anything for pain for me... immediately post surgery they gave me 2 shots of morphine that didn't do anything - but the demerol knocked the pain right out

These pumps are definintely nice - been taking a lot less Vicodin than I figured I would be taking.

Comment

• irongirl

Demerol is great! Morphine doesn't do anything for pain for me... immediately post surgery they gave me 2 shots of morphine that didn't do anything - but the demerol knocked the pain right out

These pumps are definintely nice - been taking a lot less Vicodin than I figured I would be taking.
                              Funny!! It's the opposite for me. Demerol makes me sleepy so I get knocked out, and then wake up in pain- if it knocks me out at all. With Morphine it makes me pain free, I'm awake and I feel great!!

As a nurse, we find Demerol pretty much useless compared to Morphine. Everyone is different though in what they respond to.

Comment

Working...