topic o' the week 10/14/2003

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urafreak

topic o' the week 10/14/2003

has lifting/working out changed you life for the better?

we all know how expensive it is to get and maintain a superior physique. supps/food/gym/aas, etc. i think it is well worth the struggle. what do you think?
  • YummyLicious

Hard to answer, I have always lifted (and been athletically active) from way back in the 8th grade. But I would say it has made my life better. I see peeps my age --hell even 10-years younger-- who well look old and I don't so has been good for me.

FUNNY: I can remember when I first I started to lift weights and didn't even realize that was what I was doing. Had the old antique irons, would wrap washcloths around them and do leg lifts and arm lifts..........

Comment

• Easto

I have been active my whole life:
      -Skating since I was 4
      -Played competitive hockey until I was 19
      -Played football throughout highschool

Right now I don't think that working out has really changed my life, but when I get old, I'll be thinkful I hit the gym.

Comment

• big Flex

I wouldn't say for the better. I'm now completely obsessed. it's ruling my life...Nothing comes before it. Who elsei s the same?

Comment

• urafreak

Originally posted by big Flex
          I wouldn't say for the better. I'm now completely obsessed. it's ruling my life...Nothing comes before it. Who elsei s the same?
          me! and i bet most of the others on this board...

Comment

• urafreak

Originally posted by Easto
            I have been active my whole life:
            -Skating since I was 4
            -Played competitive hockey until I was 19
            -Played football throughout highschool

Right now I don't think that working out has really changed my life, but when I get old, I'll be thinkful I hit the gym.
            i was always a sloth before i started to work out. a little football here and there but that was about it.

Comment

• urafreak

^^

Comment

• BMZ

Originally posted by YummyLicious
                Hard to answer, I have always lifted (and been athletically active) from way back in the 8th grade. But I would say it has made my life better. I see peeps my age --hell even 10-years younger-- who well look old and I don't so has been good for me.

FUNNY: I can remember when I first I started to lift weights and didn't even realize that was what I was doing. Had the old antique irons, would wrap washcloths around them and do leg lifts and arm lifts..........
                yeah me too bro...I was always a fat slob.......when I first started out I just did a shitload of research, I was working out hard and eating right.....but didn't even workout at a gym...mostly in my apts....and then come to find out the routine I was doing was ideal for me and working great........and I cut the calories and upped the protein, cut the carbs down low with thermos not really know what I was doing........but it worked great....I lost 30 lbs, got shredded and learned a shit load, used to have high blood pressure, that went way down........health is great.......diet is great...can't even imagine eating all the shit now that I used to....
                now it's funny cause I know alot now I can't even imagine how I didn't know shit back then like I do now...it's amazing how far I've come and transformed......I am 31 now and am in better shape now than when I was 21-25, all I did was eat like shit and drink liquor......
                so it's made a big difference in my life......
                people trip out on how disciplined and focused I am now on bodybuilding/fitness activities.

Comment

• YummyLicious

Originally posted by BMZ
                  yeah me too bro...I was always a fat slob.......when I first started out I just did a shitload of research, I was working out hard and eating right.....but didn't even workout at a gym...mostly in my apts....and then come to find out the routine I was doing was ideal for me and working great........and I cut the calories and upped the protein, cut the carbs down low with thermos not really know what I was doing........but it worked great....I lost 30 lbs, got shredded and learned a shit load, used to have high blood pressure, that went way down........health is great.......diet is great...can't even imagine eating all the shit now that I used to....
                  now it's funny cause I know alot now I can't even imagine how I didn't know shit back then like I do now...it's amazing how far I've come and transformed......I am 31 now and am in better shape now than when I was 21-25, all I did was eat like shit and drink liquor......
                  so it's made a big difference in my life......
                  people trip out on how disciplined and focused I am now on bodybuilding/fitness activities.
                  I look forward to your posting pics in the members forum (what would be awsome is a before and after)

Comment

Working...