Controlled Lab's White Flood Review

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowJacket

Controlled Lab's White Flood Review

I plan to piece together a bunch of these reviews in the near future. Im getting the opportunity to get away from the normal routine and try a few new things. There are tons of new supplement companies popping up and evolving supplements along with it, so Im going to be trying a few.....

First.... heres what Controlled Labs write-up for White Flood...the background:

1.Price/Packaging- I paid $42 for 1.21 pounds of white flood. Many of the pre-workout products will likely the the most expensive of all your supplements. That is the case for me. But after doing a lot of research, trail & error, I have concluded that FOR ME, I need something pre-workout. I think we'll all agree that the focus is still on post workout nutrition, but a lot of us are paying more attention to pre-workout nutrition these days. Theres 50 servings per container, so youre looking at like $.80 a serving, which in that context isnt that bad. Packaging is simple. Well packaged, long-handled scooper to reach the bottom when necessary. Labeling is clear, ingredients list is highlighted and to the point. satisfied with packaging. 9/10

Mixing- I use the turbo shaker cup, there is a built in strainer/mixer on the lid so its basically a 2 part unit. Youll need a little more than some swirling in the cup, I resorted to a spoon after about day 3. The good news is, once you mix it, using the appropriate amount of water, it doesnt re-settle on the bottom if left untouched for a minute. I have a habit of swirling it before I drink it regardless. 9/10

Taste-We talk about this all the time here, and I have tried some pretty rancid things in my day. I have the attitude that if it helps me grow, Ill drink about anything regardless of taste. White Flood is not the best tasting product on the market, but if you read the ingredients, understand what the ingredients are, you cant expect to be drinking the worlds finest lemonade. I have never had a great tasting pre-workout product (albeit NO Explode, Xtend, etc) so going on to my first sip, I prepared. Its actually not too bad, not great but bearable. Like anything, the more water you add, the more dull the taste is and with a product like this, water isnt a bad idea. Its a lemonade flavor that I swear to God stays in your mouth the entire day. 7/10

Effectiveness-Finally, the effectiveness of White Flood. I like it. I get a tingling feeling all over my arms and face (guessing from the Beta Alanine). I hate using the term "aggressive" but lets say I had a better attitude to wanting to get shit done in the gym. My strength increased over the course of about 3 weeks. This was a slight to moderate increase. I didnt jump 40lbs on my bench or 30 on my squats but I enjoyed about 10 extra pounds to my bench and slight gains to other lifts. I enjoyed the energy, the tingling feeling is nice, the focus was more then welcome. Remember to consume plenty of water, if not, be ready for a headache. 8.5/10

SummaryIn short, its not a miracle supplement or the solution to all your problems but its a help. I wish these products were cheaper/more affordable but I realize the raw ingredients arent cheap. I think Controlled Labs is a very reputable company and listens to the people who buy their product which is the reason I bought this product to begin with. If youre looking for something pre-workout Idgive this a go, at least try it. It was a welcome change for me in attitude and strength. I drank about hald 30 minutes before I trained and the other half as I trained.. I added water as I went to the mixture. I still have over half a tub left and will probably buy at least one more when this one runs out. Overall score 8.4

YJ Approved.
  • Thate
    Vet
    • Mar 2007

Thanks, never heard of it before.

I'll bet the tingling is from the GABA. This is creatine free, correct?

Comment

• YellowJacket

Originally posted by Thate
      Thanks, never heard of it before.

I'll bet the tingling is from the GABA. This is creatine free, correct?
      Tingling is most likely from the beta-alanine and yea, its creatine free.

Comment

• CO-B16
        Vet
        • May 2004

Ive heard good things about this product......Im currently using PlasmaJet, and to be honest, not very impressed......I recently used a sample of Axis Labs Hemodraulix, and that stuff was impressive, at least comparing it to Plasmajet....JMO though.....I will try it long term after the PJ is done.....
        THIS POST IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

YO MOMMA

Comment

Working...