this is what i've been recommended so far

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bringit

this is what i've been recommended so far

i'm an elite long distance runner and have been recommended this, any other ideas?

Creatine monohydrate
    beta-alanine
    citrulline malate
    Beta-GPA (base period only!)
    anti-acids
    rhodiola rosea
    cordyceps
    caffeine (threshold?)
    ephedrine (below a certain threshold)
    Cissius (check this stuff out!)

i've started using cissus and love it, i'm also using rhodiola right now. i have caffeine and ephedrine but have yet to use it. would it help my training?
  • meateater

that's a bunch of stuff.....for a long distance runner, i don't see what creatine would do for you but all the other stuff would help you out with energy/endurance

Comment

• bringit

cheers bro...i wondered why this guy wanted to give me creatine. wouldnt the creatine make me carry around a bunch of water weight? i think he recommended it because he said gaining some weight while i train in the base period and then stop using it when i start racing and lose 10 pounds of water and i'd feel extremely light. i'm already extremely light, i'm actually underweight according to my bmi index (i take bmi index with a grain of salt)

Comment

• Bob Duff

Karbolynm
        Beta Alanine
        bcaas

Karbolyn you will feel the difference

Comment

• bringit

thanks seanc5488, just looking at this karbolyn stuff on bodybuilding.com...what about some vasiodilators, like nitric oxide?

Comment

• Bob Duff

ehh your a runner right? You don't wanna get a pump in those legs when your running

Comment

• bringit

well, i dont think i'd be using it for any pump. i'd like to try it so that it would open up my veins and that i could run faster during workouts and therefore get a better/faster workout in...thoughts?

Comment

• Bob Duff

Originally posted by bringit
                well, i dont think i'd be using it for any pump. i'd like to try it so that it would open up my veins and that i could run faster during workouts and therefore get a better/faster workout in...thoughts?
                maybe some arginine but don't use any crazy preworkout or no supp. I cant run when i take that stuff messes me up but who knows try it out.

Comment

Working...