new bb'er

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • corteztk1982

new bb'er

Hey, I'm a 21 year old guy who has de3cided to make the transition from "just lifting" to bodybuilding. I am so psyched about it and what I can become, but I have a problem. everybody around me is really down on it for some reason..even some in my family. I'm not sure why it is but its like theyre trying to talk me out of it. I told my mom that i was making the transition and she was like "you don't need to do that..you look fine. you'll get too big" and i was like WTF lol I've been trying to stay around people who can really support me on the issue(even though not many do at all), but i am not sure why anybody cares if I want traps halfway up my neck and a 50 inch chest or not lol. the other thing is that I was always the skinny kid, and now I want to go into this, and I just feel weird talking to other people about it and explaining what I want..even my trainer since its such a big change from what I am now. Still I am SO psyched about starting this and can't wait to see what can come from it and what I can be. you guys ever have these problems when you were starting out? if so how did you deal with them and do you have any advice for a new bb'er? thanks
  • urafreak

i find generally i get a negative reaction from friends and family about it. they don't understand why i want to be big. hell, sometimes i don't know why i want it so bad. but just blow them off and do what you gotta do.

i too was always skinny growing up and feel much, much more comfortable and confident since starting to "bodybuild".

welcome to the board btw.

Comment

• rado

Welcome aboard and my best advice to you and anyone else is READ, READ, and READ. Knowledge is power and always be safe.

Comment

• DblDmnGd38

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here

Comment

• corteztk1982

thanks everybody! hey urafreak, thats the same thing i have going on too.. I was always the small skinny one, and now I feel weird and awkward when I try to explain how I want to look to people and that I want to get massive (even though I dont feel that small and skinny anymore)

Comment

• FKITLETSGO

Welcome aboard! Its all about what you want for yourself. Just follow your heart....aww im so sweet

Comment

• corteztk1982

lololol maybe you could stitch that on a pillow for me man lol j/k

Comment

• corteztk1982

I'm starting to find that when I told people that I was going into this, it was almost like I was a leper or something lol everybody gave me a bad look and was like "ugh, why would you want to do that to yourself" like they were disgusted almost. I'm trying right now to just keep my own goals in mind and find some others who share that goal but so far only my trainer is on the support side with me on the issue

Comment

• FKITLETSGO

its only b/c what they know about bodybuilding is what is in the mags and on the tv......and that is usually un-realistic 3.5-4 % bodyfat with unreal proportions and endless amounts of years of experience...they see the oiled up 240 pound 4% bodyfat mass monsters and that is their stereotype for bodybuilders.....just do it dont worry about what they think and let them drool when you've reached your proposed goal

Comment

• YummyLicious

I think I saw this post on Chemical Fitness and as I told you in there ....... ultimately you must do what only you feel comfortable with and what makes you feel good ........ so lift away.

Comment

Working...