Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rugbyjock

whey mixed with milk= casein

whey mixed with milk= casein
    any of ye guys hear that or is it just an old wives tale.
    well what i mean is milk slows digestion which is basically like casein, so would mixing whey with it at night slow down whey going into the bloodstream?
    just i buy my tub of casein and last about 3wks its about €35 2lb i can buy a 10lb bag of whey for €75 the same brand. just i am sick of buying it every 3weeks where if the above worked happy days! if you know what i mean i get more for my monies worth.
    what ye think
  • GetBigger

milk contains 80% casein 20% whey. if you mix your whey with milk it will slow digestion of ur whey down but not by much. stop buying casein protein and look in milk protein isolate or milk protein concentrate. much much cheaper. both 80% casein 20% whey just like milk.

Comment

• John Benz
      Vet
      • Jan 2004

All protein powders are mainly for convenience and non are as anabolic as whole food protein like eggs and beef. The only time a shake is essential is pwo, and some of the old-timers even argue that whole food works just as well despite many studies to the contrary. There are several reputed health benefits to whey protein, but the muscle building difference between whey and casein are so minimal that I just buy whatever is least expensive and I prefer whey concentrate to isolate due to the microfractions lost in the isolating process. I always keep a jug of Optimum Whey on hand, but won't spend any extra on casein or egg protein. The owners of Beverly once stated they felt milk protein isolate was the most anabolic of the powders and is combined with whey concentrate in their highly regarded Ultra-Size. Too expensive.

Comment

• GetBigger

i dunno JB if whole foods were so much better you would think there would be some type of proof out there. the only thing i think thats worse about powders is they digest to fast and you lose that thermogenic effect, but i think this can be offset by casein or MPI. so imo just gotta make sure your taking in quality proteins from whole foods or shakes.

Comment

• Jbud

Agreed with the above, just switch to MPI and save a chunk of cash.

Comment

• HOTROCKS
            • Feb 2009

I'm drawing a blank !! What is MPI ?
            I just can't recall at the moment.
            Deus unus me iudicare potest

Hot Rocks aka HIGH12 is A true American Psycho!

Comment

• Magnesium
              Vet
              • Dec 2009

MPI = Milk Protein Isolate

The differences in the types of protein powders isn't huge so I just buy the bulk unflavored cheap stuff and mix it with my carbohydrate recovery drink after a workout, usually gives me time to get a good meal together and eat that.

Comment

• liftsiron
                Administrator
                • Nov 2003

I look my best when I eat clean whole foods and use a lot of supplements like protein powder etc. I just don't get the look and condition on whole foods alone.
                ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

Working...