Consumer Reports magazine: July 2010 (heavy metals)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOTROCKS
    • Feb 2009

Consumer Reports magazine: July 2010 (heavy metals)

Follow this link
    This has already been posted

All drinks in our tests had at least one sample containing one or more of the following contaminants: arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. Those metals can have toxic effects on several organs in the body.

Deus unus me iudicare potest

Hot Rocks aka HIGH12 is A true American Psycho!

• JrMaFia
    BANNED for being a JETS fan
    • Oct 2007

repost i posted this yesterday
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Goddamn they don't make em' like they used to.
    Cassidy: Fuckin' 80's man, best shit ever !
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Bet'chr ass man, Guns N' Roses! Rules.
    Cassidy: Crue!
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Yeah!
    Cassidy: Def Lep!
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Then that Cobain pussy had to come around & ruin it all.
    Cassidy: Like theres something wrong, why not just have a good time?
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: I'll tell you somethin', I hate the fuckin' 90's.

Comment

• HOTROCKS
      • Feb 2009

Sorry! Didn't see it .
      Post its link .
      Deus unus me iudicare potest

Hot Rocks aka HIGH12 is A true American Psycho!

Comment

• Trapology
        • Jan 2007

pretty bad

they did some thing on CNN called toxic city usa or something. It goes into how much harmful stuff is really out there

They said theres like 80k worth of potential harmful chemicals in circulation cause they are grandfathered in from years passed, even though research shows some of them cause health problems
        Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• JrMaFia
          BANNED for being a JETS fan
          • Oct 2007

Tests Show Some Protein Shakes Contain Toxic Chemicals
          Jessica Doyle 1 day ago
          Read Comments (4)Recommend (3)Print Email Article Larger Smaller

WASHINGTON DC (WUSA) -- You won't believe the dangerous chemicals that could be in your favorite protein shake.

A new investigation by Consumer Reports finds that all of the protein drinks tested had at least one sample containing one or more of the following; arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury.

They are sold as ready-to-drink liquids or powders that are mixed with milk, juice or water to make shakes. Testing also shows that the protein drinks may pose health problems over time, especially if a consumer drinks more than one a day. What makes these finding particularly worrisome is that some of the groups that tend to drink protein shakes are vulnerable, pregnant women, nursing mothers, baby boomers and teens, in addition to athletes.

Here are some examples of the findings:

The ready-to-drink liquid EAS Myoplex Original Rich Dark Chocolate Shake contained high levels of two potentially dangerous chemicals; arsenic and cadmium. The shake provide an average of 16.9 micrograms (µg) of arsenic, exceeding the proposed USP limit of 15 µg per day and an average of 5.1 µg of cadmium, which is just above the USP limit of 5 µg per day.
          The samples of Muscle Milk Chocolate powder contained all four heavy metals and high levels in three; cadmium, lead and arsenic. Average cadmium levels of 5.6 µg in three daily servings exceeded the USP limit of 5 µg per day, and the average lead level of 13.5 µg also topped the USP limit of 10 µg per day. The average arsenic level of 12.2 µg was approaching the USP limit of 15 µg per day.

The drinks tested were purchased mainly in the New York metro area and online. For most of the protein products tested, Consumer Reports found levels of contaminants in the low to moderate range. However, three products if served three times a day, could expose consumers to levels of arsenic, cadmium or lead that exceed the maximum limits recommended for dietary supplements proposed by the U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP).

Standards for health products are voluntary and recommended by the USP. Federal regulations do not generally require that protein drinks face safety testing, as is the rule for prescription drugs.

The report is available in the July issue of Consumer Reports and online at
          Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Goddamn they don't make em' like they used to.
          Cassidy: Fuckin' 80's man, best shit ever !
          Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Bet'chr ass man, Guns N' Roses! Rules.
          Cassidy: Crue!
          Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Yeah!
          Cassidy: Def Lep!
          Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Then that Cobain pussy had to come around & ruin it all.
          Cassidy: Like theres something wrong, why not just have a good time?
          Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: I'll tell you somethin', I hate the fuckin' 90's.

Comment

Working...