A couple fish pics..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freezerdude

A couple fish pics..

Here's a couple pics of some fish me and 2 of my buddy's caught over the 4th of july weekend on a deep sea fishing trip..From Saturday to Mon the 4th of july we had over 400# of filets, The Tuna I caught in the Middle was just over 22#..
    Attached Files
  • Freezerdude

30# Great American Snapper

This one here was the biggest one we caught on Saturday Hooked by my buddy Dave but I fought this bitch for 15 minutes before I got it aboard, It didn't wanna go home with us..
    Attached Files

Comment

• basskiller
      Administrator
      • Aug 2003

Thats one huge snapper
      Owner of
      Worldclassbodybuilding.com - my forum
      basskilleronline.com

Comment

• mrhtbd

Which one's Dave, the one holding the fish or the guy wearing the ball cap?
        LOL
        Seriously though, I didn't think red snappers got that big!

Comment

• DLEATO

Nice catch, snapper look alot different over there.

Comment

• Freezerdude

Super Dave

Originally posted by mrhtbd
            Which one's Dave, the one holding the fish or the guy wearing the ball cap?
            LOL
            Seriously though, I didn't think red snappers got that big!
            My Buddy Dave is the dude in the Wheel Chair, The guy holding the fish for me to take the pic is one of the Shipmates on the chartered fishing boat we were on..
            Dave was hit while walking home from a party by a Drunk Driver when we were 17 and was paralized, That's why I had to reel it in once he hooked it. He's rolled his fat ass around so long it's messed up his rotator cuffs and needs surgerys to repair um, It's all he can do now to get himself in and out of the car to drive anymore.. Sad Situation for sure!!
            As far as the size that one weighed in at a little more than 30# ok here's the deal you'll notice we have a lot of smaller Red Snapper on stringers well after they get over a certain size they call them "Great American Snapper" Why I'm not sure but thier protected in NC.But they've got to be 12" to keep and anything over 10# I think or it may be 15#? we had to release which really sucked! They May be protected everywhere now but I'm not sure we were fishing right outside of Wilmington NC in Carolina Beach and last year it wasn't like that. We've went the same place for the past 15 years and they just changed a lot of slot limits this past year on a lot deep sea fish..

Comment

• Shovel
              VET
              • Jul 2011

Cool fish! Tragic story bro...
              Semper Fi

Comment

Working...