Couple of Deer Trespassing last fall

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freezerdude

Couple of Deer Trespassing last fall

Here's a couple Deer I shot off of the back porch last year for trespassing.. lol. Nothing big just wanted something to put in the freezer for the winter. This was the best I could do considering I just had a knee replacement and was hunting from a lounge chair on the porch...
    Attached Files
  • Freezerdude

Another one

One more Doe.. She was pretty big and only had one tooth and wouldn't have made it much longer anyway..
    Attached Files

Comment

• Freezerdude

1 more

Small 6 point Buck
      Attached Files

Comment

• Freezerdude

Sorry couldn't figure out how to make pics smaller, Hopefully it will show up..

Comment

• basskiller
          Administrator
          • Aug 2003

open them up in MS paint / in the top bar,click on image/then stretch -skew
          in the horizontal and verticl boxes.. drop the numbers to like 50% or even 25%
          then save as but add the letter "S" to the file name so it doesn't overwrite the original..
          now upload the smaller file

OH.. Nice deer!!
          Owner of
          Worldclassbodybuilding.com - my forum
          basskilleronline.com

Comment

• Freezerdude

Originally posted by basskiller
            open them up in MS paint / in the top bar,click on image/then stretch -skew
            in the horizontal and verticl boxes.. drop the numbers to like 50% or even 25%
            then save as but add the letter "S" to the file name so it doesn't overwrite the original..
            now upload the smaller file

OH.. Nice deer!!
            Thanks for the tip Bass.. Your d man..

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

We had a women get killed the other day when she hit a moose with her car. I see dead deer along the highway year around. I had six out in back of my apt. a few days ago.
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• pips
                Vet
                • Aug 2011

ha me and freeze are the deer population monitors if there are 2 many we eat em.lol

Comment

• DLEATO

Nice pics freezer. Deer is one species that should be soon ticked off my list.

What'd you use to take em down?

Comment

• Freezerdude

[QUOTE=DLEATO;216576]Nice pics freezer. Deer is one species that should be soon ticked off my list.

What'd you use to take em down?[/QUOTE

I used a AR-10 to kill the one buck, But I kill most of them with my Bow, I cheated a little on the doe I used a 10 point brand cross bow. But hell I was sitting on the porch with 16 staples in my knee so I figured it was even.lol, But I have so much wild life outside here on my property it too easy to shoot them, It's like shooting cans..

Originally posted by pips
                    ha me and freeze are the deer population monitors if there are 2 many we eat em.lol
                    Yeah Pips we're on a mission! lol, The population of whitetail deer in the south are dwindling fast.. But hey least were eating clean..

Comment

• pips
                      Vet
                      • Aug 2011

hell we are over populated and our deer much bigger.state gonna give me 7 tags this year lol

Comment

• Freezerdude

Originally posted by pips
                        hell we are over populated and our deer much bigger.state gonna give me 7 tags this year lol
                        Shit I can claim Crop damage and Kill all I want to! Not to mention The deer are tearing up the greens at the golf course accross the street up and the owner got the game warden to allow him to kill them out. So we can legally spot light them but since all the owners of the fancy houses started raising hell about it we have to call the police before we go and can't shoot past midnight.. Pretty cool to have a free licence to kill.. lol

Comment

• ozzy69
                          Assistant Admin
                          • Jun 2011

id have let them walk and grow more--thats just me

Comment

• Freezerdude

Originally posted by ozzy69
                            id have let them walk and grow more--thats just me
                            Dude thier running around like cockroaches, That's why a lot of places doesn't have very big deer because thier over overpopulated.
                            To many don't understand wildlife management to have Big deer the population must be thinned out or they will run amuck hence not enough food and minerals to grow, These are city deer hence the doe only having 1 tooth she had lived way to long and would have probably died during the winter anyway. Stuff like this leads to disease like chronic wasting,etc.. Besides I love having Free,Fresh Venison..
                            So that's why I blast thier asses!

Comment

• John Benz
                              Vet
                              • Jan 2004

I'm in a residential area, and don't have any time these days to take off and go hunting. But one of my best friends in rural Indiana has deer running all over his place...BIG ONES! He shoots so many deer he can't eat it all, so he brings me venison on a regular basis. He's on a first name basis with his local game warden, so he gets a lot of of leeway on getting extra tags. This spring he got 6 tags to rid an old ladie's property of 5-6 deer who are jumping over her fence and destroying her ornamental trees and shrubs. He called and said...."Clear all the junk out of your freezer cause I'm going to stuff it full of fresh venison." My daughter now likes venison burgers and venison chili better than beef. IMHO, nothing tastes as good as beef, but venison is much leaner and less contaminanted.

A study may show higher cholesterol than beef, and I think beef is tastier, but venison is much healthier than beef in the long run. First off, cholesterol you take in from food does NOT greatly increase cholesterol levels in the blood. Venison is much leaner and free of so many steroids hormones and other contaminants, including pesticides. Deer graze mostly away from sprayed lawns, get lots more exercise and are not fed chemically altered food.

Butchers at small meat markets will clean and cut your deer into steaks, chops, ground venison etc. Not all that expensive for about 100 lbs or more fresh venison ready to be stacked in the freezer.

Comment

Working...