X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Khem
    Vet
    • Oct 2011

Protein and how much do you take?

How much protein does everyone generally supplement daily? Trying to figure out an acceptable amount of supplementation.

I was thinking 50-75grams per day from powder/drinks would be acceptable. Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and opinions.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I try to get 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. Combo of whole food and powders.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Shovel
      VET
      • Jul 2011

I drink one protein shake(60 grams) after wo only 3xweek.

I use to have 2-3 per day, but I haven't lost any weight cutting them out which makes me wonder if the really have what they say they have in em.?
      Semper Fi

Comment

• Khem
        Vet
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by liftsiron
        I try to get 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. Combo of whole food and powders.
        This is the first time I've been anywhere near this range. I've been wanting to grab some protein powder though and finish it off to a solid intake of protein. I'm just not sure how much is okay to take. Some have said take as little as possible, others have said 50-100grams is fine. I'm not entirely sure which is right.

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Khem
          This is the first time I've been anywhere near this range. I've been wanting to grab some protein powder though and finish it off to a solid intake of protein. I'm just not sure how much is okay to take. Some have said take as little as possible, others have said 50-100grams is fine. I'm not entirely sure which is right.
          50 grams 2-3 times ed is fine, if you are not getting enough protein from food.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Khem
            Vet
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by liftsiron
            50 grams 2-3 times ed is fine, if you are not getting enough protein from food.
            Cool, thanks dude

Comment

• DLEATO

~300g daily,
              I've cut protein powder out ( apart from post wo) for the last few months. If your getting enough from food why waste the extra money..PP sure does add up!
              I've also replaced casien powder with a cottage cheese shake ( cheap mans casien)

Comment

Working...