Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baby1
    • Jun 2009

Vitamin D dosage

I usually take 2000iu's a day of vitamin D. I just got 10,000iu's and it says to take once a week. Do any of you take a large dosage at once instead of daily? I am not sue if the benefits woule be the same or not, but it alleviates taking another supp daily. Had mine tested last year and it was 37 ng/ml and the reference ranges said 32-100 was optimal.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I take at least 5000ius every day. I think that you would be fine to take 1 cap every other day. It's a fat soluble vitamin so eod should work fine.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• jboldman
      VET
      • Feb 2007

i take 6000 ed, when last had a blood test, i came in at 98% optimum. btw, the dose i am taking is the recommendation of my dermatologist. very good stuff.

jb
      Admin CuttingEdgeMuscle.com

Comment

• baby1
        • Jun 2009

Thanks guys. I was seeing a rheumatologist who recommended 2000iu's a day but living in the Midwest, I feel I need more in these fall/winter seasons. Do you prefer a certain brand?

Comment

• John Benz
          Vet
          • Jan 2004

Best source of Vit A and D is Cod Liver Oil. Vit D from Cod Liver Oil is more assimable and less toxic in extremely high doses than Vit D from irradiated plant sources. I get the mint flavored Cod Liver Oil at Wal-Mart.

Comment

• liftsiron
            Administrator
            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by baby1
            Thanks guys. I was seeing a rheumatologist who recommended 2000iu's a day but living in the Midwest, I feel I need more in these fall/winter seasons. Do you prefer a certain brand?
            I like spring valley gel caps from walmart.
            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• jboldman
              VET
              • Feb 2007

i hate to admit it but i get the vit d gummies! a great treat every morning.

jb
              Admin CuttingEdgeMuscle.com

Comment

• D
                Vet
                • May 2007

5000 iu Ed + 800iu I get from 1200Mg of calcium pills.
                Everything I say/post/pm is strictly for entertainment purposes. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING I SAY SERIOUSLY! Thanks

Comment

• niko
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by baby1
                  I usually take 2000iu's a day of vitamin D. I just got 10,000iu's and it says to take once a week. Do any of you take a large dosage at once instead of daily? I am not sue if the benefits woule be the same or not, but it alleviates taking another supp daily. Had mine tested last year and it was 37 ng/ml and the reference ranges said 32-100 was optimal.
                  I was tested a year back with a very low level 10 ng/ml. If i remember correct ny doc gave me 40,000iu once daily for 10 days.He told me not to mess with vit. D to much as in get tested like we did and go from there. Im glad your doc gave you the correct dosage to take. And yes Im niko from Infinity and SM

Comment

• MidwestBeast
                    • Sep 2012

You want to be careful, because I recently heard that you can put yourself into a pro-inflammatory state if you get the vitamin D levels too high.

Mine came back just barely low OOR, so I mega-dosed for a while and then got it up near the top end of normal range dosing 5,000iu daily. However, I'm not sure if that was the cause of it (or if it was just high previously), but my calcitriol levels were pretty high OOR and that can cause problems, too.

So the take-away is to not just take it all willy-nilly.

10% off your entire order with code: CHEAPER

Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."

"Following Jesus don't mean that there won't be pain
                    But um, it does promise that none of it is in vain"

- Andy Mineo

Comment

• Number-LL
                      Vet
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by John Benz
                      Best source of Vit A and D is Cod Liver Oil. Vit D from Cod Liver Oil is more assimable and less toxic in extremely high doses than Vit D from irradiated plant sources. I get the mint flavored Cod Liver Oil at Wal-Mart.
                      1-1/2 tablespoons of Carlson Cod Liver oil a day along with 4000IU from plant capsules. My doctor recommended.
                      I don't chase boys, I pass them! - My Daughter

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

Working...