What your take on BCAA's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freezerdude

What your take on BCAA's

Just like the title say's I'm just curious to see how many different views I can get on BCAA's.. Myself I take them ED with my other supps and also take a couple pre-workout..
  • Thunder
    Vet
    • Nov 2011

I've been a big believer in bcaas pre & post workout for yrs. After playing around & doing some reading I've been using leucine only in my pre & post workout drinks to trigger mTOR.

In my honest oppinnion I see no difference. I have no lagging soreness, recovery is good. I've been doing this for the last few months. I've played around w/ dosing during this time then came on a doctor doing studies on leucine. He states that a set amount of leucine isn't the key. The key is that to make sure when you take in protein that leucine is 25% of the pool. So w/ my protein shakes its around 6 grams per shake.

To say this is the gospel I don't know, but if you asked me if i'm satisfied w/ what i've found yes I am & will continue this to see what happens.

Leucine powder is alot cheaper then bcaas currently.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

I think bcaa's are especially beneficial when cutting weight.
      The best bcaa's have a 4:1:1 ratio with leucine being the 4.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• rocco-x
        Vet
        • Feb 2009

been using scivations powdered bcaa's for months now.6 scoops in a gallon of water which i sip at working out seems to replenish me alot faster and also my recovery rate seems to have gone up as well.
        i've always been a proponent of using them.used to use Twinlabs liquid bcaa's.tasted like shit but got the job done...

Comment

• tlane
          VET
          • Oct 2007

Ive started using a BCAA outside of what was already in supps/shakes I take. I notice a big difference in recovery time. I take a 4.1.1 3x ed.

Comment

• clutchitalian
            • Sep 2011

Bcaa's are great for preserving muscle especially first thing in the morning right before cardio....

Comment

Working...