GOT A HANGOVER?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bufbiker

GOT A HANGOVER?

Do you have a hangover or stayed out too late partying?
    Here's what I discovered.
    Both my sons, 26 & 32 split from their wife/girlfriend within two weeks of each other. They both moved back here. I knew they both were partyers, the older more than the younger because the younger has three small children. But I had no idea how much the older son was drinking until they both moved back in with Eli and me.
    I guess he's basically a functional alcoholic. He gets up every morning at 4:00 am and is out the door by five on his way to work. He gets home around five or six, drinks beer and smokes a joint I guess sometimes until one or two in the morning.
    I asked him if this was normal for him and he said just since the split. So I asked him how he functions at work. Apparently he's been taking his mother's Focus XT in the morning and drinking another one at lunch.
    So apparently the Focus XT will get you through a rough day in the sun of laying underground pipe while you are still drunk from the night before or just hungover.
    As a side note I talked to him and told him he has a problem. After some physical drama where I literally had to punch him out he's agreed to get help and he moved out.
  • Starman
    Vet
    • Sep 2013

I had one that I would have don the same way as a post teen but mom would not let me. Now he is a 38 year old bum who does not have any understanding of personal responsibility.
    I think you did the best thing!
    MESSAGE TO YOUNGER SELF : GET THE MOTORCYCLE DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE HELMET.
    YOU WILL UNDERSTAND LATER!

Comment

• Glycomann

Damn Buff sorry. I hope he works it out.

Comment

• bufbiker

He'll figure it out eventually.

Comment

• Freezerdude

Originally posted by bufbiker
          He'll figure it out eventually.
          Sounds like you did the right thing.. Least that's what I would have done..

Comment

• JDUB
            Vet
            • Apr 2012

you cant just tell them....they have to go thru the experience....I did...
            sigpic

Comment

• A.B
              VET
              • Jun 2004

Good luck to your son. Sometimes a beat down from dad will solve issues no matter what age

Comment

• Darkness
                • Apr 2011

Nothing like a fathers love right between the eyes...

Good job buff. I remember the night my dad knocked my drunk ass out

Comment

• liftsiron
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2003

Good luck buddy.
                  ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

Working...