X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jyzza
    Vet
    • Jul 2003

Post workout

What do you guys eat or drink post workout? What has worked the best for you?

cutting or bulking?
    * muj kochanie *
  • takemo

carbo force immediately after workout,then a protein shake 30-45 min. later

Comment

• Farm Boy

about three cups of water along with a chicken breast, steamed broccoli, and a sweet potatoe if i work out in the p.m. if i work out in the a.m., i usually have 8 scrambled egg whites and some all bran. yummy! i have to adjust my training around my wifes work schedule.

Comment

• Easto

<!--QuoteBegin-Farm Boy+Jul 22 2003, 05:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Farm Boy @ Jul 22 2003, 05:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> about three cups of water along with a chicken breast, steamed broccoli, and a sweet potatoe if i work out in the p.m. if i work out in the a.m., i usually have 8 scrambled egg whites and some all bran. yummy&#33; i have to adjust my training around my wifes work schedule. [/b][/quote]
        Immediately after a workout, you should be taking in some form of simple carbs. Alot of people will mix some dextrose with their protein shake. Then approximately an hour or so after that they will have a meal. Have you ever tried anything like this?

Comment

• Farm Boy

yea, i have in the past. usually i just let the shake i drink do the trick. since they are asorbed much faster than solid food. i have had trouble holding down food after a workout in the past and that includes drinks. i don&#39;t know why. i was on a designer whey and navel orange kick for a little while.

Comment

• razrblack

i wake up at 5:30, and hit the gym by 6. on my way to the gym, i usually have a protein bar, and when i get to work at 8, i have my first protein shake of the day. i mix optimum whey with skim milk, tastes great, and i hate protein shakes with water.

Comment

• urafreak

i have a shake right after training.

Comment

• Farm Boy

i use to down one right after training, but on leg day, man that sucker came up faster than it went down. :lol:

Comment

• urafreak

<!--QuoteBegin-Farm Boy+Jul 22 2003, 10:23 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Farm Boy @ Jul 22 2003, 10:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i use to down one right after training, but on leg day, man that sucker came up faster than it went down. :lol: [/b][/quote]
                  lol, really? i love drinking the things right after. i might not if i tossed my cookies of course. :blink:

Comment

• Farm Boy

trust me designer whey vanilla and iso pure strawberry taste like crap coming back up&#33; :wacko: :wacko:

Comment

• urafreak

<!--QuoteBegin-Farm Boy+Jul 22 2003, 11:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Farm Boy @ Jul 22 2003, 11:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> trust me designer whey vanilla and iso pure strawberry taste like crap coming back up&#33; :wacko: :wacko: [/b][/quote]
                      just chocholate for me&#33;

Comment

• takemo

It is very important to take in simple sugars immediately after your workout, i can&#39;t stress this enough.To me you wasted a workout not doing this.

Comment

• Farm Boy

Takemo, are you suggesting me to take what few carbs i eat post work out. i can switch up my sweet potatoe and take in a fruit or some pasta. i am trying to stay around 35-40 grams of carbs a day with one carb up day. actually i am trying to follow Chris Acetos low carb guidelines. stay in ketosis for three days followed by a carb day, then baack to ketosis. let me know whata you think. oh i forgot, i am wrong to think thata the protien/carb mixture in a meal replacement shake is not asorbed faster than a solid meal. i was under this impression from reading different mags. that is why i would drink this in the a.m hours and not at night.

Comment

• Farm Boy

<!--QuoteBegin-Farm Boy+Jul 22 2003, 12:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Farm Boy @ Jul 22 2003, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> oh i forgot, i am wrong to think thata the protien/carb mixture in a meal replacement shake is not asorbed faster than a solid meal. i was under this impression from reading different mags. that is why i would drink this in the a.m hours and not at night.

[/b][/quote]
                            that should read, "am i wrong" dang low carb thing really gets your head in a tizzy. oh i should mention that following Acetos plan he suggest to eat 1.5 to 2.2 grams of protein per pound of goal body weight. he says that while you are low carb your body will burn up to 200 grams of protein a day just to feed your brain. anyway, i was going to type the insert from his book in the diet and nutrition section, i just have not taken the time to do it.

Comment

• H Bomb

i use 85g of dex, 45g protein, 5g creatine titrate, and 300mg ALA immediatly after my workout.

an hour and a half later i have the same amounts but in real food minus the creatine(chix and rice) and another 300mg ALA

Comment

Working...