• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thate
    Vet
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Shawty
    But heavy is soooooo much fun!

I get what you're saying though. I think actually having people to lift with again (who could actually spot me properly) would be a huuuuuuuge help!
    Spotter is a necessity in this sport if going heavy, ESPECIALLY if you're going to failure! I must admit though, I love seeing people get pinned to the bench. Puts a big smile on my face lol.

Comment

• Shawty
      AE Female Member
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Thate
      Spotter is a necessity in this sport if going heavy, ESPECIALLY if you're going to failure! I must admit though, I love seeing people get pinned to the bench. Puts a big smile on my face lol.
      AHA! Don't I know that..........but it put me in a huge bind when my old gym (run by my bro's father-in-law) lost their lease. So after that they started working out in the dude's garage, which I refused to do because he had this huge thing for me and I didn't want to have to kick his ass. (and by thing I mean on more than one occasion he came up behind me while I was doing pulldowns and tried to dry hump me with his LITTLE commando, and also offered to buy me a corvette if I'd move in with him.....ok, as much as I love vettes, uhhh NO!). So I didn't feel so compelled to lift in a dirty ass garage at his house considering my brother was quitting powerlifting with us altogether. That' s when I switched gyms to this one. And there's no such thing as a powerlifter (or bodybuilder for that matter) at this gym. A bunch of glove wearing fakes. I have never really been pinned under the bar, have, however, had to drop the weight off the end on more than one occasion. I USUALLY schedule my bench night when Brandon is there, he at least half ass knows what he's doing, and he's a hard worker too. He's never let me down, but I've not always got that luxury, and that's where I get screwed up, I still have that all or nothing mentality whether I have somebody there capable of helping me or not. Most times I can pretty much guess when I can't go no more before I actually fail, but sometimes it bites me in the ass. However, I NEVER use my gear when I have no attainable spotters (or retarded ones like the said spotter in my squat accident vid). That would be completely stupid, those suits have a mind of their own if you don't have complete control over it.
      Save a horse, ride a POWERLIFTER!!

Comment

Working...