Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ms.Wetback

Squat question...............

Ok, whats the deal with squats ?????

Is parallel squats consider a "real" squat ???
    I read where doing ass to heals is bad for your knees.

So which is it ????
    I am doing it right or wrong ???
    I go parallel and that's about it, any lower and it hurts my knees severely.

Any video links to the "perfect" squat would be appreciated ! ! !
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Parallel squats are what most bodybuilders do, going lower tends to build a large disproportionate ass for some people.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Ms.Wetback

Originally posted by liftsiron
      Parallel squats are what most bodybuilders do, going lower tends to build a large disproportionate ass for some people.
      Disproportionate in what way ?????
      Also what about the knees ??? I will assume it adds stress to them going lower.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Ms.Wetback
        Disproportionate in what way ?????
        Also what about the knees ??? I will assume it adds stress to them going lower.
        If the movement is controlled without any bounce they probably won't harm healthy knees. Disproportionate as in huge ass.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Ms.Wetback

Originally posted by liftsiron
          If the movement is controlled without any bounce they probably won't harm healthy knees. Disproportionate as in huge ass.
          Oh so it gives a woman that bubble butt she would be looking for lol

And my knees are not the best form years of running before I started lifting.

Comment

• Thate
            Vet
            • Mar 2007

I go parallel and that's about it, any lower and it hurts my knees severely.
            That says it all, parallel is what works best for you.

Comment

• OKMEDIC
              • Oct 2007

Don't change your ass. It looks awesome as it is. Doubt it could get much better.
              The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of only one hour.

Comment

• Ms.Wetback

Originally posted by Thate
                That says it all, parallel is what works best for you.
                I suppose. Funny though, when I tell people what I squat I inevitably get the "your not going all the way down" comment.

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

I've always squated ass to ankles..it's actually harder on my knees when i try to parallel. I like the full range of motion , stretch and contract all the way up..it comes naturally for me..As far having a bubble butt is big yes with the ladies , one my best access.

Comment

• Scott21
                    VET
                    • Oct 2007

I suppose. Funny though, when I tell people what I squat I inevitably get the "your not going all the way down" comment.
                    . I just busted up laughing my ass off @ your not going all the way down comment! Anyways I can't go all the way down my hams are not flexible enuff. And I'm still noticing bigger gains of the ass than the legs

Comment

• cowboytroy

Damn i was hoping for a pic of you squating in that little black outfit you have on in your picture.

Comment

• Ms.Wetback

Originally posted by OLYMPIAN
                        I've always squated ass to ankles..it's actually harder on my knees when i try to parallel. I like the full range of motion , stretch and contract all the way up..it comes naturally for me..As far having a bubble butt is big yes with the ladies , one my best access.
                        Yeah so then is just below parallel considered a valid squat ??
                        On a good day I can hit 245# for 2-3 reps.

Originally posted by Scott21
                        Anyways I can't go all the way down my hams are not flexible enuff. And I'm still noticing bigger gains of the ass than the legs
                        My hams are fine, just that my knees hurt and pop. My legs are fine, would want them any bigger, larger rear is always desirable.
                        Last edited by Guest; 10-28-2009, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• Sadie

i went to para for years because i was scared to hurt my knees and i have a healed quad. in the last 3 months i have gone atg and the difference in the size and shape of my quads/hams/ass suddenly is UNREAL.. i have basically revamped my entire leg training and it has made an insane difference in my entire lower body. could be ALL the changes although going deep has made me sore like u cant imagine where even heavier squats to par havent in a long time

Comment

• Ms.Wetback

Originally posted by Sadie
                            i went to para for years because i was scared to hurt my knees and i have a healed quad. in the last 3 months i have gone atg and the difference in the size and shape of my quads/hams/ass suddenly is UNREAL.. i have basically revamped my entire leg training and it has made an insane difference in my entire lower body. could be ALL the changes although going deep has made me sore like u cant imagine where even heavier squats to par havent in a long time
                            Good to know............I will start ATG with lighter weights and see how it goes.

Comment

• Sadie

good luck.. i do hacks atg with a tight stance (feet almost together) a wide stance regular atg squat then shoulder wide apart atg front squats to start now.. i suddenly have a sweap.. and a tear drop.. and those V cuts up the front of my quad.. and ham separation.. and an ass LOL my quads were 22 inches 3 months ago.. they are almost 25 inches as of saturday and im visibly leaner now then i was then.. i actually break my legs up into 2 days now also.. i do heavy compound movements 1 day then heavy isolations another.. its the first time i have ever seen major improvements in my legs but everyone is different

Comment

Working...