Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Benz
    Vet
    • Jan 2004

Go to the ART locater on the link below, and see an ART doc in your vicinity. I had tendonitus several years ago and couldn't hardly move my right hand it got so bad. 4 visits to an ART doc and it was healed.

BTW...the very worst movements for your outer elbow tendon (lateral epicondyle) are skullcrushers and hammer curls. Also, tendons take more time to heal than soft tissue and you may need to lay off arm work completely for awhile. Take fish oil for joint inflammation and the mineral manganese to build stronger tendons. Get well LL!

Comment

• Number-LL
      Vet
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by John Benz
      Go to the ART locater on the link below, and see an ART doc in your vicinity. I had tendonitus several years ago and couldn't hardly move my right hand it got so bad. 4 visits to an ART doc and it was healed.

BTW...the very worst movements for your outer elbow tendon (lateral epicondyle) are skullcrushers and hammer curls. Also, tendons take more time to heal than soft tissue and you may need to lay off arm work completely for awhile. Take fish oil for joint inflammation and the mineral manganese to build stronger tendons. Get well LL!

http://www.anabolic-enhancement.com/...ad.php?t=23094
      Thanks man! I never do skull crushers and hammers don't bother it at all. It just hurts when my hand is from about a 45 degree angle to flat when curling.

I drink cod liver oil and take magnesium citrate everyday. I will search the ART link.
      I don't chase boys, I pass them! - My Daughter

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• John Benz
        Vet
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Number-LL
        Thanks man! I never do skull crushers and hammers don't bother it at all. It just hurts when my hand is from about a 45 degree angle to flat when curling.

I drink cod liver oil and take magnesium citrate everyday. I will search the ART link.
        Fish Oil is not the same as Cod Liver Oil, which is also vitally important. Manganese is the mineral most useful in tendon repair, not Magnesium.

Comment

• Number-LL
          Vet
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by John Benz
          Fish Oil is not the same as Cod Liver Oil, which is also vitally important. Manganese is the mineral most useful in tendon repair, not Magnesium.
          Sorry I miss read the Manganese. The high potency multivitamin I take has 2mg 100% of chelated Manganese. How much do you recommend?

My son has a big jug of fish oil capsules. I need to steal a few every day to supplement the cod liver oil.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• TxRebel
            Vet
            • Oct 2012

Had almost the same thing I used some DMSO and asprin for about two weeks at night and it went away.

Dmso on the spot.. crushed asprin on top.. wrap it in plastic wrap.. wash off in the morn
            5 days on 2 off or it makes ur skin peel bad

Or go to the doctor

Comment

• Number-LL
              Vet
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by TxRebel
              Had almost the same thing I used some DMSO and asprin for about two weeks at night and it went away.

Dmso on the spot.. crushed asprin on top.. wrap it in plastic wrap.. wash off in the morn
              5 days on 2 off or it makes ur skin peel bad

Or go to the doctor
              Sounds like a good recipe to drop the inflammation down.

Comment

• Number-LL
                Vet
                • Jan 2012

I went back to my old chiro today and got some ART done on my elbow. The range of motion feels better but we will see how it works in the gym. I'm going back twice next week.

He adjusted my neck which has an old football injury but doesn't really hurt. He tested it a little and when he pushed down at an angle to test compression, a pain shot from the top of my head to the upper part of my back. I got dizzy and started sweating. He said that happens sometimes.

Comment

• Number-LL
                  Vet
                  • Jan 2012

--Update--

My elbow was starting to get better until I did curls yesterday. It started locking afterward and hurt pretty bad. I iced it and went back to the chiro today. He is getting prior approval from my insurance and is going to order a MRI.

Comment

• Darkness
                    • Apr 2011

Getting better til you did curls eh? I wonder if you should not do them....

Comment

• Number-LL
                      Vet
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Darkness
                      Getting better til you did curls eh? I wonder if you should not do them....
                      I was doing curls and it was getting better until this weekend.

Are there other ways to work the bicep? I'm guessing not.

The MRI results will be interesting since I have had a messed up right arm for a long time.

Comment

• John Benz
                        Vet
                        • Jan 2004

Straight bar curls are much harder on the elbow than E-Z bar curls. I would avoid hammer curls as well.

Comment

• Number-LL
                          Vet
                          • Jan 2012

I warm up with hammers and they don't bother it at all. From there I go to EZ bar.

Comment

• Number-LL
                            Vet
                            • Jan 2012

My chiro called today with my MRI results. It showed that near the attachment point of my Brachialis on my forearm there is a fatty substance. The chiro said it would be like grizzle in your steak. This is causing the weakness and the elbow not moving correctly.

I'm going to look up an old orthopedic surgeon and see if there is anything that can be done.

Comment

• nightrain116
                              Vet
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Number-LL
                              My chiro called today with my MRI results. It showed that near the attachment point of my Brachialis on my forearm there is a fatty substance. The chiro said it would be like grizzle in your steak. This is causing the weakness and the elbow not moving correctly.

I'm going to look up an old orthopedic surgeon and see if there is anything that can be done.
                              According to the therapist i see that is a calcium build up... on my arm i can not straighten he is breaking it up... to simplify he is massaging the crap out of my arm with a special instrument that looks like a knife and scrapes my arm along this area... hurts like a mother....... but no surgery and i am getting mobility back...

Comment

Working...