lifting heavy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urafreak

lifting heavy?

do you guys go at it as heavy as you can for all sets or do you pyramid?

whats your weight strategy?
  • Easto

using squats as an example....
    135 x 20
    225 x 20
    315 x 15
    405 x failure

What I basically do is work my way up to my maximum weight. For my next exercise, I may only do 1 "warmup set", then go 1 more set to failure.

On my first exercise for each body part, I like to do about 4 sets. Gradually increasing my weight with each set. The rest of my exercises, I may only do 2 sets because the muscles are already warmed up and another warnup would be a waste of time.

Comment

• ryubrir

I do some warm up sets... to get my body adapted neurologically for the heavier sets...and that's really it...from there it's all heavy...to focus really on the heavy movements... this is in my maximum strength phase of a periodization model... or even in the high point of a hypertrophy phase also. Since, neurophysiologically, the muscles and central nervous system have to be ready for the heavy weights, so we must get them ready by building the weight up...but I don't do much in terms of reps to warm the two systems up...so as to not tire my muscles out for the actual sets...which would be three sets, done heavily for such things such as benches and deadlifts and squats....

Comment

• bigjay

I lift heavy throughout each rep/set and usually to failure. Max out every six months

Comment

• urafreak

<!--QuoteBegin-Easto+Jul 26 2003, 12:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Easto @ Jul 26 2003, 12:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> using squats as an example....
          135 x 20
          225 x 20
          315 x 15
          405 x failure

What I basically do is work my way up to my maximum weight. For my next exercise, I may only do 1 "warmup set", then go 1 more set to failure.

On my first exercise for each body part, I like to do about 4 sets. Gradually increasing my weight with each set. The rest of my exercises, I may only do 2 sets because the muscles are already warmed up and another warnup would be a waste of time. [/b][/quote]
          your doing 20 reps for squats?

Comment

Working...