Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Competition Discussion > Competition
User Name
Password

Old 10-23-2021, 12:36 PM   #16
Kluso
Vet

Kluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
I can chime in and give my 2 cents. As a type one diabetic who is vary familiar with all the insulin's available, it comes down to which insulin one is using that causes massive distention. Distention is actually the growth of the internal organs from the heart all the way to the digestive track.

The issue lies with the long acting versions ESPECIALLY Lantus. Lantus is completely avoided by diabetics in the know because in countries that track cancer rates and Lantus use, see a direct correlation. Not only cancer but the extreme IGF1 that comes with its use. This is what causes the organs to grow.

Regular insulin and GH which was used HEAVILY in the 90's still produced stream line tight waists.

DrX
Yeah. I have definitely noticed my gut getting too distended after a lantus run. I think it increases visceral fat as well. Only way I can get rid of it is with 24hour fasts once or twice a week. I need to do it again soon. I hate my pregnant looking stomach. I’m always sucking it in. Gear in general distends your belly too. When I did 6 months of true trt (100-150mg test a week). My stomach looked good and I could even do a good vacuum. But I also lost a lot of size. Since then I have kept my doses low but it’s getting distended again. Trying to find that balance isn’t easy! Definitely slowing of digestion occurs with me when I’m on gear. I have to take greens and fiber to stay regular. I easily hold an extra 5lbs of food in my stomach when I’m on a blast. I see it on the scale. That’s why I don’t go off my weight to measure my gains anymore. I use the mirror. I don’t think it has anything to do with HGH. At least for me. If anything HGH should be reducing bodyfat and increasing lipolysis. But at high doses it will increase igf1 which could lead to organ growth like DrX mentioned. Lantus and Humalog(not Novolog) both have cross binding to igf1 receptor ability. Should avoid them if distendsion is a concern. But I do like using low dose lantus just on workout days. Feel so huge on that stuff.
Kluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 04:15 AM   #17
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud ofliftsiron has much to be proud of
I have used a lot of hgh and gear over the years but never used slin and my waist remains rather slim. I know a few local guys who used a lot of slin and are now older, it looks like they have had a basketball surgically implanted in their gut.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:19 AM   #18
DrX
VET

DrX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
I have used a lot of hgh and gear over the years but never used slin and my waist remains rather slim. I know a few local guys who used a lot of slin and are now older, it looks like they have had a basketball surgically implanted in their gut.
Yes, AAS and GH alone will not change the structure of the midsection. As Kluso also mentioned when one is in a hyper-caloric environment, and the wrong insulin's are used severe metabolic dysfunction will begin. And that does include both intra-abdominal fat accumulation, and fatty liver all leading to severe insulin resistance, and cardiovascular issues over time.

I have had the pleasure of consulting quite a few names in this industry, especially in the off season, and the ONLY three insulins I do recommend (if used) is Regular, NPH and Levemir.

DrX
DrX is online now   Reply With Quote