Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowJacket

My Newest Routine

Hey guys-

With the help of a good brother, Madcow, Ive come up with a new routine to get me over a minor stalling phase. I believe its going to workout perfect for me. I will be off cycle, so I figured I better get a serious, dedicated routine and utilize it...

Im at around 215 right now and would like to get to 225 while not compromising a gain in bodyfat. My diet is stellar and no worries there... I will be doing day of cardio (HIIT style) so I do understand this natural 10 pounds will not be easy...... and it will take time.

*Diet will be 300 calories above maintaince on training days, and 200 calories above on off days. Macronutrient breakdown is roughtly 45/30/25 with 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, only complex carbs and essential fats. Pre workout will consist of 1 scoop of whey, 1 scoop BCAAs, 1/3 cup oats in water. Post workout shake will consist of 44g of whey protein, 1/2 cup oats, & 1 scoop vitamin C powder. Other supplements include flax & fish oil, green tea extract, multi vitamin/mineral, vitamin c & e tabs, NAC and saw palmetto. No sleep aids or meds will be taken. I will likely avoid most milk based based products. I will try my best not to cheat, with the exception of the occasional diet soda as a reward.

Heres the routine:

Monday- Chest/Triceps

*2 warm up sets
    Flat Barbell Bench- 4 sets, 10/8/8/6 reps.
    Incline Dumbell Bench 3 sets 10/8/6
    Weighted Dips 3 sets 12/10/8

Close Grip Bench- 3 sets 10/10/8
    Skullcrushers 3 sets 10/10/8

**With mass in mind, as my weight increases, I will be be dropping my reps.

Tuesday- Legs

*2 warm up sets
    Squats (using a squat rack) 3 sets 15/12/10
    Box squats 3 sets 10/12/12
    Leg Extensions- 3 sets 10/10/failure
    Seated calve raises- 4 sets 12/12/10/failure
    SLDL- 3 sets 15/12/10
    **Will do some light ab work this day as well.

Wednesday- Off

Thursday- Back/Bi's

* 2 warm up sets
    Deads 4 sets 12/10/10
    Lat Pulldowns 4 sets 12/10/8
    Bend Over Barbell Rows 3 sets 10/10/10
    Pullups 3 sets both to failure (with 90lbs added weight)

Barbell Curls 3 sets 10/8/8
    Alternating Dumbell curls 3 sets 10/10/8
    Hammer curls 2 sets 10/8

**Considering some speed flat bench on this day. I like the idea of adding a semi-light bench day or possibly another leg day later in the week, following a volume/deloading/intensity format.

Friday- Off

Saturday- Shoulders/traps/abs

*2 warm up sets
    Dumbell Presses 4 sets 10/10/8/8
    Behind the neck presses 4 sets 10/10/10/8
    Lateral Raises- 4 sets 10/10/8/8
    Powershrugs Shrugs 2 sets 15/12
    3 sets weighted decline crunches
    3 sets rope presses
    1 set unweighted decline crunches

Sunday- HIIT
    1/2 mile warm up
    2 40 yard sprints (50% speed)
    2 60 yard sprints (Full)
    2 100 yard sprints (Full)
    2 intervals of 60 second shuttles (10 yard shuttles, full speed)
    1/2 mile walk to cool down

*This is lighter HIIT day than the previous, will do a lot of stretching on this day.

Im debating whether or not to keep a journal here, although I should for motivation. Let me know what you guys think... nothing is set in stone, but Im pretty satisfied and content with this, but open to all suggestions or tweaks.
  • urafreak

looks very well thought out yj. how do you find the HIIT?

Comment

• YellowJacket

I like HIIT. For years I disregarded it because I was a runner. I liked to run miles and miles, but I feel HIIT is a bit better for bodybuilding.

Comment

Working...