X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rebornlite
    VET
    • Dec 2018

Vid: TRT and elevated Hematocrit

Worth the watch for all us guys on TRT with elevated HCT, RBC, and HGB.
  • Kluso
    Vet
    • Dec 2016

Good video. Thanks Reborn. I want to get one of those meters! I notice whenever I get over 200lbs my sleep apnea seems to kick in. I’m curious how accurate I am at guessing that. Cause I honestly rather not use my Cpap machine if I don’t have to. I also like how they are against AI usage. And I couldn’t agree more about how Drs are. Interesting insight.
    Last edited by Kluso; 08-25-2021, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Rebornlite
      VET
      • Dec 2018

Some good takeaways for sure. I did not realize that B12 supplementation can elevate levels, I dropped it from my inventory a few days ago. I also didn't know the HCT percentage fluctuates throughout the day, especially when dehydrated and after a night of fasting. Important to know when getting blood work done. My trt doctor freaks out when HCT elevates above normal and has already lowered my trt dose because of it. He referred me to an Oncologist who was not concerned and basically told me that there is little evidence that supports elevated HCT changes blood viscosity or leads to cardiovascular issues in otherwise healthy adults. He advised my TRT doctor that lowering by TRT dose and sacrificing my quality of life is unnecessary. I thought that was interesting, I think we will here more from the medical community on this topic as TRT becomes more prevalent

Comment

• Kluso
        Vet
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Rebornlite
        Some good takeaways for sure. I did not realize that B12 supplementation can elevate levels, I dropped it from my inventory a few days ago. I also didn't know the HCT percentage fluctuates throughout the day, especially when dehydrated and after a night of fasting. Important to know when getting blood work done. My trt doctor freaks out when HCT elevates above normal and has already lowered my trt dose because of it. He referred me to an Oncologist who was not concerned and basically told me that there is little evidence that supports elevated HCT changes blood viscosity or leads to cardiovascular issues in otherwise healthy adults. He advised my TRT doctor that lowering by TRT dose and sacrificing my quality of life is unnecessary. I thought that was interesting, I think we will here more from the medical community on this topic as TRT becomes more prevalent

Yeah! I didn’t realize that either about being dehydrated when getting bloodwork. It may even explain why my creatinine and liver enzymes were elevated. Maybe. I remember I drank a bottle of water before my last bloodwork (I get every 6 months) and my numbers were way better. It may just be a matter of dilution. Or lack of proper hydration that was making my numbers higher. I did take a long break off gear and ran only 100-150mg test for almost 6 months but maybe it was just the proper hydration. I haven’t had an issue with HTC surprisingly cause I do have sleep apnea. Which is interesting too.

Comment

• Aklion
          VET
          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Kluso
          Yeah! I didn’t realize that either about being dehydrated when getting bloodwork. It may even explain why my creatinine and liver enzymes were elevated. Maybe. I remember I drank a bottle of water before my last bloodwork (I get every 6 months) and my numbers were way better. It may just be a matter of dilution. Or lack of proper hydration that was making my numbers higher. I did take a long break off gear and ran only 100-150mg test for almost 6 months but maybe it was just the proper hydration. I haven’t had an issue with HTC surprisingly cause I do have sleep apnea. Which is interesting too.
          Most men who carry more than an average amount of muscle have high creatinine levels. My levels are always high, and my doctor has always attributed this to muscle mass.

Comment

Working...