Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd
    • Apr 2015

Colon cancer moved to my median liver

Results of Chest and Abdominal CAT Scan, 9/8/21; as compared to CAT Scan 7/8/21.
    Good news: lungs clear without nodules or mass, no indication of fluid, alveoli intact! Spleen, Pancreas and Adrenals normal, small cyst on Kidneys (unchanged since CAT Scan 7/21). Bowels normal without obstruction, no sign of hernia(s).

Bad News: New growth (1 inch x 1 1/4 inches) tumor, medial segment of the left lobe of liver (Section IV). Prostrate enlarged.
    Next is: 1) biopsy, full body scan (PET) to look for other cancer in the body, surgical removal (if possible) then 6 months of chemotherapy! Life is fragile. Family matters!��

I did some research, the tumor is in the middle of my liver; it might be too dangerous to remove. Once they do a biopsy and then perform a PET scan; which shows active movement throughout the body (as opposed to a CAT scan which shows abnormalities in the body) they weigh all those together and the surgeon will make a final determination as to whether to attempt to remove it or go straight to chemo. Chemo is bi-weekly for 6 months. The doctor very nervously said 3 to 5 years but of course he’s lying so I’ll be lucky to see three.

I did the only sensible thing; I'm at the gym now; 10 sets of bench presses supersetted with 10 sets of rows! Don't worry!�� Life goes on! PS: back to “throwing ice,” average 15,000lbs a day!
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Good luck brother.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• mrhtbd
      • Apr 2015

For those who are curious I told the doctor that I have been taking pretty much a maintenance dosage of testosterone for about a decade and he said he didn’t think that had an impact at all; simply because it started with colon cancer and moved to my liver, just thought I’d share that.

Comment

• wallyd
        VET
        • Aug 2015

Good luck & keep fighting!

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
          Banned
          • Apr 2018

Best of luck brotha. Your taking like a champ. Prayers your way my friend.

Comment

• Kluso
            Vet
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by wallyd
            Good luck & keep fighting!
            ^^^THIS^^^

Comment

• Chooch
              VET
              • Oct 2009

Damn, sorry to see this. Wishing the best for ya.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                • Oct 2017

At least your luch is consistent. You never catch a break. I'm sorry to hear this. I hope all goes well for you.
                OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• kriegernindo
                  VET
                  • Feb 2020

Keep up the good work and positive energy my man

Comment

• kriegernindo
                    VET
                    • Feb 2020

Originally posted by mrhtbd
                    For those who are curious I told the doctor that I have been taking pretty much a maintenance dosage of testosterone for about a decade and he said he didn’t think that had an impact at all; simply because it started with colon cancer and moved to my liver, just thought I’d share that.
                    We're you constipated for years? On any medications for more than 5 years?

One of my customers who either has or had colon cancer I think they're still fighting it but it's going well said they were constipated for like 20 years before she got diagnosed with it. When she found out it was after she pooped out blood. Yikes

She was buying some glutamine btw. That is supposed to greatly help during chemo or mainstream cancer treatments

Comment

• millenium girl
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by liftsiron
                      Good luck brother.
                      Exactly—good luck
                      I have a PET scan every 6 months and I know how scary it can be when you wait for the results.
                      Don't forget to join
                      http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
                      http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

• reps
                        Vet
                        • Oct 2007

Positive energy and prayers coming your way.

Comment

• mrhtbd
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by kriegernindo
                          We're you constipated for years? On any medications for more than 5 years?

One of my customers who either has or had colon cancer I think they're still fighting it but it's going well said they were constipated for like 20 years before she got diagnosed with it. When she found out it was after she pooped out blood. Yikes

She was buying some glutamine btw. That is supposed to greatly help during chemo or mainstream cancer treatments
                          I have never had problems with constipation. I noticed something was wrong as I was getting blood in my stool and it was coming from inside me somewhere. I had a colonoscopy and he indicated the tumor near the end of my colon.

Comment

• mrhtbd
                            • Apr 2015

Got my blood test results back from yesterday, my CEA (colon cancer blood marker) has in creased from 6.0 on 8/28 to 7.2. The tumor in my liver is growing rapidly. Other than some heartburn I feel fine. It was only 2.2 in April. CEA: carcinoembryonic antigen. CEA is a type of tumor marker. High levels of CEA can indicate colon and liver cancers. If the number is increasing over subsequent tests that means that the cancer is growing. Had my PET scan today and scheduled for a liver biopsy tomorrow. Other than a bit of heartburn, I feel fine, strong and have a good appetite.

Comment

• Kluso
                              Vet
                              • Dec 2016

So did you start chemo or are they gonna try surgery?

Comment

Working...