This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blown_SC

Measuring GH - What is an IU?

Short something I wrote up about measuring your GH...This is one thing that I have always seen guys get confused about.

An iu is not a measure of volume nor is it a measure of weight like I hear most people say. (I.U.’s) are a measure of biological activity specific to the substance. This is hard to conceptualize.

An international unit is a way to express the activity or effect of some vitamins (primarily fat soluble) and hormones. For each substance that is expressed in international units, there is an international agreement that outlines the biological effect expected with a dose of 1 I.U. The value is different for each substance, since effect differs between substances. Therefore an insulin syringe is for measuring insulin and thats it. So an iu on an insulin syringe is 1iu of U100 insulin.

Think of meaureing GH in terms of milligrams(mg). One mg of GH is equal to approximately 3iu's of GH. So if you have a Serono kit for example, each individiual bottle is 6mg or 3 * 6 = 18iu's of GH. So depending on how much BW you add to the powder you then figure out the concentration of the solution or how much each iu of GH will be on the insulin syringe.

For Example...Say I have a 10mg bottle of GH...I add 3ml of BW. Now I have 30iu's of GH in 3ml. So 1iu is equal to 10units on the slin pin. 10iu's is equal to 100units or 1ml. It just takes a little simple math to figure out.

For Example...Say I have a 6mg bottle of GH and I add 1 ml of BW. Now I have 18iu's per 1ml. So each 10units on the slin pin is equal to 1.8iu's of GH.

Posted by Zoldian @ IFL...
  • Mudge
    • Sep 2003

That, and even worse, I sometimes see "so how many mg/ml is ________?" Well it depends who made it! Its not always the same.

Comment

• BigSickD
      Vet
      • May 2004

Good informative thread bro, scary that these things have to actually be explained to people sometimes.
      BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• rado

Nice read bro, thanks !

Comment

• IRON37

sad thing is....I still dont understand it lol. Guess I need to read it a few more days

Comment

• ctgblue

Easiest way for GH is to match your ml's of BSW to the IU's in the vial. IE 21 iu's, use 2.1ml BSW and then 10 units on a slin pin is 1 iu, generally much easier and up to 3 or 4 iu's at a time will not cause a subQ lump for more than a few minutes, it dissipates quickly.

Comment

• badham

The only problem with adding so much water can damage the Gh....it is fragile and it is best to limit the amount of solvent (water in this case) if possible. Really if you use 1 ml as your solutin amount (which is what is normally recommended) to a vial that is 18 iu's, that means every 10 marks on a slin pin is 1.8 iu's, the math is still easy.

badham

Comment

• kayholetrip

Good post

Comment

• zeke
                  Vet
                  • May 2005

Bros, ill be honest. I am confused :-) get a box of 100 iu's of green tops (or whatever) you have 10 iu's. of powder right or wrong. How much water to you add or am I thinking about this all wrong??! I want to start, I want to do 5 iu's a day but I want to be right. Just not picking up on that good yet.. Help please!!!

Z-

Comment

• Freezerdude

Originally posted by zeke
                    Bros, ill be honest. I am confused :-) get a box of 100 iu's of green tops (or whatever) you have 10 iu's. of powder right or wrong. How much water to you add or am I thinking about this all wrong??! I want to start, I want to do 5 iu's a day but I want to be right. Just not picking up on that good yet.. Help please!!!

Z-
                    Yes your right you'll get 10 small, 10iu bottles to that you will add 1cc/ml =100unit of bac water which is 10 ticks on a slin pin to each bottle,So for each 10/1 tick =1iu, half slin pin of gh will equal 5iu..

Comment

• tlane
                      VET
                      • Oct 2007

pretty much 10 on slin syringe is 1 I.U with the 1cc bac water mixed in a 10iu bottle/amp hgh

Comment

• zeke
                        Vet
                        • May 2005

I knew you guys would make it easy. Thanks tlane/freezerdude!!! In the morning or at night??? And I know I'll get mixed opinions on this, but what do y'll think??

Thanks bros,
                        Z-

Comment

• zeke
                          Vet
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by zeke
                          I knew you guys would make it easy. Thanks tlane/freezerdude!!! In the morning or at night??? And I know I'll get mixed opinions on this, but what do y'll think??

Thanks bros,
                          Z-
                          And BAC is just simply sterile water right?

Comment

• Freezerdude

I always take mine in the morning and yes it's close to the same but be sure to use Bac water not sterile water...

Comment

• tlane
                              VET
                              • Oct 2007

no prob

Comment

Working...