Testing all my samples from the Olympia Expo (thread will be updated regularly)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • irongirl

Originally posted by PTAaron
    Tried the EAS 100% Whey Protein powder yesterday... NOT a good product. I had high hopes because I love myoplex deluxe shakes. This product was very difficult to mix (it would barely mix with a spoon) and it tasted horrible. Maybe if I had a shaker cup or a blender it would have been less chunky - but I am used to my TrueProtein whey that mixes up easily with a spoon. This crap from EAS doesn't even come close.
    LOL....that's what i use almost exclusively and I love it!!!! I just shake it up in a cup.

Comment

• irongirl

Thanks IG. Glad to be able to share some info

Unfortunately while PB was down I posted a few more reviews over on MTD.com - then just now when I went to get them to copy/paste over to here the damn database at MTD had a failure and reverted back 5 days! Everything I posted over there about the suppliments is gone!

The "just for women" stuff was mostly vitamins that were designed for female athletes, and a few other things like fat burners I think - I'm not sure, they are still all in tracy's suitcase (we're really slow at unpacking!!).
      Well, that sucks!!! I am not usually big on the "just for women" stuff. I find that it's mostly a marketing ploy. But, by all means, post up what info you get if Tracey uses any of it. And of course, if it was free, I'd be using it too!!!

Does anyone know if any of the supplement companies would send you free samples if you asked? No doubt they can afford it.

Comment

• Underdog

gah... never mind then.. I ordered a bottle of Venom hyperdrive 3.0 and will see how that goes.. should prove interesting.

Comment

• goes4ever
          • Sep 2004

I like the EAS whey protein i got from the arnold PT..........BUT............I used a shaker cup and it mixed all just fine, I think it had a decent taste

Comment

• PTAaron

I don't know what it was about the EAS stuff... I actually felt a little sick to my stomach after drinking it because of the taste.

Comment

• PTAaron

Today I tried out the new muscletech nitric oxide booster: naNOx9 "World's fastest nitric oxide injection system".
              We all know that pump has nothing to do with building muscle, but this is another product designed to make you feel a huge pump while you work out. So far Horse Power is tops in my book for the ones I have tested so far - time to see how naNOx9 stacked up...

Let me list off some of the label claims for you, then I'll give you my opinion on how well it met them:
              • This sample came with a T-shirt stating: "zero to JACKED in 9 seconds" - umm ok.
              • Immediately floods muscles with pump inducing vascular expanders
              • Forces rapid increases in muscle size and maximum pumps
              • Unique Dual-effect formula
              • Superior to regular nitric oxide products
              • Hardest hitting forumulation legally available!
              So I took this shortly before leaving for the gym - since it says it works in 9 seconds!! WOOOHOOO!!! YEAH! I took 5 pills - the recommended dosage for someone over 200lbs.
              As I was walking up the stairs from the locker area to the weight area I noticed a little extra pump in my thighs - I was thinking "this is going to be good!" Started on my bicep workout - arms were feeling a little bit more pumped during the sets... after the biceps and forearm exercises my arms felt about like they normally feel, nothing special. No "massive hard hitting pumps".
              Moved on to calves - little extra pump during the exercise, but again nothing to write home about. By this time I was getting a little annoyed, because with HorsePower I was getting such huge pumps in every muscle with each exercise that it was almost hard to move - so far this product was doing jack shit.
              On to Hack Squats... did my heavy set - thighs felt exactly like they would if I had just gone to the gym any other day without taking any "nitric oxide booster". Did the "widowmaker" set - again felt just like usual.
              On to stiff leg deadlifts - nothing.

Overall review of the product: Huge waste of time and money. Claims on the package are complete bullshit as far as I can tell. If this is the "hardest hitting legal formulation" then I'm curious how long Horse Power will be available since it is obviously illegal... :lol: I should have known that being a muscletech product it would be complete bull... oh well.

Comment

• PTAaron

Tested out another NO booster product on Sunday - too bad I can't remember the name right now!! LOL! I'll edit this and add the name in later

This one was a gel that you squeeze out of the package into your mouth. First impression is that it tastes HORRIBLE. Had to wash it down with a huge glass of water.
                I took this before heading up to the gym to meet up with one of my online training clients. I was demonstrating deadlifts, stiff leg deadlifts, and a few other things - and just doing that with almost no weight on the bar I was feeling massive pumps in my low back and shoulders. I ended up doing a quick upper body workout after we got done going over form - and this stuff REALLY worked well! Another friend of mine was up there and he had taken the Horse Power (I had a LOT of samples of that one) and he was noticing the major pumps from that too.
                This one wasn't as strong as the Horse Power was, but I definitely noticed an increase in bloodflow to the muscles and felt majorly pumped from a fairly short, moderate intensity workout.
                Again - same disclaimer as the other products: A big pump doesn't mean you got a better workout, it just means you had more blood flow into the muscle during the exercise. Pump does not equal muscle gain. It does feel great to end up massively pumped up though!!

Comment

• fineassgymgirl

Must have been a great experience. Was this your first time going to the Olympia Aaron? I am very excited myself i will be going to the Arnold Expo in March.

Comment

• PTAaron

Yup, first time - purely coincedental that we ended up there during the O.

Comment

• PTAaron

Okay - the product in this review was "2 Pumped" by "The Beast Sports Nutrition"

Tested out another NO booster product on Sunday - too bad I can't remember the name right now!! LOL! I'll edit this and add the name in later

This one was a gel that you squeeze out of the package into your mouth. First impression is that it tastes HORRIBLE. Had to wash it down with a huge glass of water.
                      I took this before heading up to the gym to meet up with one of my online training clients. I was demonstrating deadlifts, stiff leg deadlifts, and a few other things - and just doing that with almost no weight on the bar I was feeling massive pumps in my low back and shoulders. I ended up doing a quick upper body workout after we got done going over form - and this stuff REALLY worked well! Another friend of mine was up there and he had taken the Horse Power (I had a LOT of samples of that one) and he was noticing the major pumps from that too.
                      This one wasn't as strong as the Horse Power was, but I definitely noticed an increase in bloodflow to the muscles and felt majorly pumped from a fairly short, moderate intensity workout.
                      Again - same disclaimer as the other products: A big pump doesn't mean you got a better workout, it just means you had more blood flow into the muscle during the exercise. Pump does not equal muscle gain. It does feel great to end up massively pumped up though!!

Comment

• PTAaron

On the way to work today I decided to give BSN True-Mass a try. Now according to the package this is "An Ultra-Premium AM to PM Lean Mass Gainer". One pouch is 1/3 of a serving - luckily I had 6 pouches! 2 chocolate, 2 vanilla, and 2 strawberry. I mixed 2 strawberry with 1 vanilla in my shaker cup with some water. Shook it up a few times and it was completely mixed. Tasted GREAT!

General nutritional info for a standard serving (3 scoops/packages): 630 calories, 17g fat, 70g carbs, 50g protein

2 thumbs up on this one!

Comment

• PTAaron

Quick recap of the reviews so far:

= try it!
                          = don't waste your money

Kre-Alkylin Horse Power by Ulitmate Nutrition (pre-workout NO booster) -
                          Synthra-6 Protein by BSN (protein suppliment) -
                          Endorush by BSN (pre-mixed energy drink) - - good rush/bad crash
                          Myoplex Deluxe Chocolate Peanut Butter bar by EAS (meal replacement bar) -
                          100% Whey Protein by EAS (chocolate whey protein powder) - - mixed poorly, tasted bad
                          naNOx9 by MuscleTech (pre-workout NO booster) - - did nothing for me
                          2Pumped by The Beast Sports Nutrition (pre-workout NO booster) - - not as good as HorsePower, but better than naNOx9
                          True-Mass by BSN (weight gainer protein powder) -

Comment

• PTAaron

Tried out 2 more samples this morning... EAS Myoplex Deluxe chocolate flavor and BSN NOXplode blue raspberry flavor.

Product: EAS MyoPlex Deluxe; Catagory: Meal Replacement - this is one that I have loved for years, still just as good. Mixed quickly and easily with a spoon in a glass of water. Some leftover clumps at the bottom of the glass, but adding more water and quickly stirring it around got rid of those. Good tasting shake, no complaints! Great Meal Replacement shake.

Product: NOXplode by BSN; Catagory: Nitric Oxide pre workout product - a lot of hype to this product coming from other people on the net, so I was pretty excited to give it a shot. I read the label and it said to take 1 pouch of it and wait 30 minutes to assess my tolerance before taking more... well I didn't have that kind of time before my workout so I just went ahead and took 1 pouch of it. Blue Raspberry flavor was really tasty - a lot better tasting than the lemon-lime HorsePower product that had been leading the pack of NO products so far. Got to the gym and almost immediately was sweating buckets while doing my decline bench warmup. Didn't really notice much of an "enhanced pump" during my chest and shoulder exercises. Doing my behind-the-head rack chins I ended up with the same massive biceps pump I did with the HorsePower product, so I know there was definitely something going on. This is one that I am going to put slightly behind HorsePower for producing "insane pumps" as it claims. I am going to give it another chance though - because the dosing said it could be 1-3 packets pre-workout. I also took it after drinking my MyoPlex shake, and it says to have it on an empty stomach - that is kind of unrealistic though because there is never a time when my stomach is empty!! I think I have 2 more packets left in my stash so next time I will take both of them before heading to the gym.

Comment

• Matt76
                              • May 2007

great reviews and I appreciate you posting them up

Comment

• PTAaron

No prob Matt! I like to share

Here's another:

I tried N Large 2 today... I had the "new" Cinnamon Oatmeal flavor. It mixed really well, and smelled really good... so I was pretty excited about it. Took one sip and almost choked because it tasted so bad! OH MY GOD! I don't know who came up with the flavoring for this, but they should be beaten. Holding my nose helped a little - and I managed to choke the shake down.

A few hours later I burped and smelled it again - it almost made me gag because I had a little flashback to drinking it down the first time!

I've heard good things about the product - but this flavor is awful!!

Comment

Working...