PTAaron's 2007 Olympia Expo Sample Testing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • izziedm32

Originally posted by KajedAnimal
    I took this supp yesterday and didn't feel anything either.
    Yup didnt feel much either

Comment

• PTAaron

So the consensus is that Garbage is in fact garbage? Good choice on name then!

Comment

• KajedAnimal

I got a preworkout packet of this stuff called No-Shotgun. Man I was sweating bullets at the gym. It seemed to work alright. It has 16 grams of protein too. I mixed it with my preworkout whey shake. It was sort of a cherry flavor and tasted horrible by the way. It really messed with my sleep yesterday too. So if you do try it do it early in the day.

Comment

• KajedAnimal

When I got up today I decided to dig into the bag of goodies to see what I came up with for energy. I decided to go with Red Dragon's Beta-Alanine. I've read a little about it. It's supposed to be taken prior to a workout but since I had a lot of it I went ahead and tried a dose. I seem to have a lot of energy today. Of course that could be residuals from the other stuff I've tried the past few days. I'll take another 2 before working out to see if I notice a huge difference.

Here is a link to their website:

Comment

• PTAaron

Beta alanine is for increasing strength. Takes a while to build up in the system though. Their dosing is strange, because you should take it 4 to 6x per day... oh well.

Comment

• PTAaron

Once I finish my packets of Altered State, I was planning to try NO Shotgun... so thanks for the preview!

Comment

• KajedAnimal

Originally posted by PTAaron
                Once I finish my packets of Altered State, I was planning to try NO Shotgun... so thanks for the preview!
                I suggest diluting it quite a bit because it just tasted bad. It seemed to work though...

Comment

• goes4ever
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by PTAaron
                  I got ONE word for that product............YUCK!!!!!

Comment

• izziedm32

I got a preworkout packet of this stuff called No-Shotgun. Man I was sweating bullets at the gym. It seemed to work alright. It has 16 grams of protein too. I mixed it with my preworkout whey shake. It was sort of a cherry flavor and tasted horrible by the way. It really messed with my sleep yesterday too. So if you do try it do it early in the day.
                    is it the VPX No-Shotgun?

Comment

• PTAaron

Originally posted by izziedm32
                      is it the VPX No-Shotgun?
                      Yeah.

Comment

• PTAaron

Have had a lot of protein powders and meal bars recently since I ran out of protein powder... Just haven't had time to post them... so here is a run down:

Product: Lean Dessert from BSN. Tried the Whipped Vanilla Cream and the Banana Nut Bread flavors... OH MY GOD ARE THESE GOOD!! Did I just yell that? Oops! These tasted so good it has to be illegal! The Banana Nut flavor literally tasted just like banana nut bread. 5 minutes after tasting it I kept expecting to find pieces of walnut in my teeth! EXCELLENT tasting product!!
                        Here is a link: http://www.zupplements.com/store/pro...roducts_id=680

===

Product: Promax 70 - little 70 calorie mini protein bars. I tried every flavor they had of these... they were all delicious! Way too small to be useful as a meal replacement, but they were really tasty if you had a stack of them to go through.

===

Product: Vassive-EA8 by ON. This was a 10mg Essential Amino Acid supplement, Berry Burst flavor. I mixed this in with my protein shake one night - it was pretty tasty! Also had it on its own - also pretty tasty Just had a few floaties left over from the Leucine not dissolving, but that is expected.

===

Product: Instantized BCAA+Creatine by ON. Orange Blast flavored. I had this one today in the morning mixed in with my whey protein and oatmeal shake... made the shake taste good! Can't really comment too much on the content of it - it is BCAAs and Creatine - thats about all there is to say!

===

Product: Pure Protein Chocloate Peanut Butter - meal replacement bar. This was DELICIOUS! I wish I had a whole case of these things!

===

Product: STS Pro Muscle Whey XP - this was whey protein... had a funny aftertaste, and if I remember correctly it was the vanilla flavor that I had. Mixed well, but that after taste wasn't so nice.

===

Product: BodyTech X Lite - quick mixing protein powder... tasted good. Nothing too memorable about it.

===

Product: [b]STS Pro Muscle Glycotein[b] - Cookies and cream flavor... protein with carbs... Nasty aftertaste. It mixed good, but that aftertaste killed it. Both products I tried from this company had the same nasty aftertaste.

===

Product: Zero Impact Bar From Redline... pumpkin flavored... tasted really good but very dry.

===

Product: Oh Yeah! bar by ISS. I don't know if I reviewed this yet... but it is REALLY good!! I could eat a whole case!

===

Product: Karma Bar - tried double chocolate and orange cranberry flavors. Very very very dry, and because of the soy content they made for some really nasty smelling car rides. Tasted good though, despite the dryness.

Comment

• owgees

I tried the supp called Atro-Phex by BSN. It's supposed to be for energy and weight management. The directions said to just start out with one pill. Well I did the other day and pretty much didn't feel anything. So the next day I tried it again...same results. So today I took 2 of the pills. I felt slightly more alert but nothing too dramatic. I did recently start on new blood pressure meds so that could have something to do with the results. So if you do try them start with 2 pills and go from there.
                          Doesn't yohimbine mess with blood pressure?

Comment

• KajedAnimal

Originally posted by owgees
                            Doesn't yohimbine mess with blood pressure?
                            Yeah it does if you use it a lot. Any kind of stimulant or blood vessel constricter can mess with blood pressure.

Comment

• PTAaron

Getting ready to hit the gym... took 2 pouches of SuperPump250 15 minutes ago... already feeling it! Can't wait to tear up the gym!

Comment

• PTAaron

Few new reviews:

Product: Leviathan from Palo Alto Labs. Fat burner... mostly.
                                Took 2 doses of this product today - didn't really notice much of anything in terms of energy boost, but I did notice an increase in body temperature. Moderate, nothing to write home about though.

Product: Pittbull X Lean Trim - I think that is the name... the logo on the bottle is confusing
                                Definite energy boost, definite temperature increase - wore off quickly though. took 2 doses a day for last 2 days to give it a fair shake.

Product: 2Shredded - another fat burner/energy pill. Minor bump in temperature, some energy boost. Nothing much compared to Venom.

Tomorrow I am going to try "Amphetalean" ... we'll see how that goes!

Comment

Working...