PTAaron's 2007 Olympia Expo Sample Testing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanB21

Great Reviews so far Aaron, I'm interested in the Palo Alto Labs products. I bought the Levithan/Incarnate stack and am also using their Reset A.D. since I seem to not respond to stimulants much.

Comment

• PTAaron

Let me know what you think of them... I'll try Leviathan again next week and see if I get more out of it.

Comment

• PTAaron

Product: Amphetalean... all day energy according to the package. Took it at 11... needed a cup of coffee by 2. VERY disappointing. I felt NOTHING from this product.

===

Product: Red Buzz. This is a fat burner/energy supplement...
        375mg of caffeine in the 3 capsule dose that I took... Definitely got me warm and feeling very antsy. About 2 hours later I started feeling (and still feel as I am writing this) very nauseous... in fact I am having a really hard time getting my 3:00 meal down now because of that fact.
        I gave a packet to a co-worker, he had the exact same problem - but then again he also took a Venom earlier in the day ... so he was sweating buckets after taking the Red Buzz.
        I'm probably not going to take the rest of the sample packs I have of this one.

===

Product: NO Shotgun. Pre-workout NO product.
        I had been warned by a few people about the taste of this product - it wasn't really as bad as I had been expecting though! Strange flavor, but not really "bad". I ended up getting hung up before I hit the gym after taking this - so it was about 45 minutes after taking it that I started my workout. I didn't notice any enhanced "pump" effect during the workout. I DID notice increased energy, and I was sweating buckets - not that that is really a positive, since my deoderant wasn't working very well that day. Sorry everyone at my gym! I've got a few more packets of this stuff to try out - so we'll see how it goes.

Comment

• PTAaron

Product: Morph. This is a Pre/During/Post workout time released pill... You take 6 of the pills and they are supposed to deliver the goods throughout your workout.
          This product has no stimulant component, so it is probably good for people that work out later in the day. Lets analyze it by the claims on the sample pack I have here:
          1) "Explosive Strength Surges" - well... I had a good workout... but I didn't notice any MAJOR increases in strength It does contain Beta-Alanine, one of the supplements I think everyone should be taking... so it does have good potential in this area.
          2) "Skin-SPlitting Pumps and Road-Map Vascularity!" - Umm... well my skin is all still intact! I did get a really nice pump during the workout, more than if I hadn't taken anything. I also could ALMOST see my biceps veins during the bicep workout - which for me right now is pretty good. (they are barely visible when I have LOW bodyfat).
          3) "Rapid Increases in Muscle Mass!" - not from one serving! This one has potential though, because it does have beta-alanine in it... although you would need B-A from another source to get in your other 5 doses during the day.
          Overall I would say this was a decent product... I would like it more if it had a stimulant component since I workout first thing in the AM.

===

Product: Cytolean... fat burner!
          I was told that 1 capsule doesn't do much, and the recommended dose on the sample pack was 1-3 ... so I took 3. About 20 minutes later I had a definite increase in temperature - i had been wearing my jacket still because it was really cold at work, and that had to come off real quick.
          Product claims:
          1)Patent Pending Thermogenic Agent - Okay... can't argue there...
          2)Crushes Appetite and Constant Cravings - well... lets see I took it at 11:30 after my 11:00 shake of 3 scoops of whey and 2 scoops of dextrose (post-post workout shake). At 1:00 I ate 1lb of ground beef mixed into a bowl of soup, at 3:00 I had another pound of ground beef, and in between I stopped by the "candy drawer" at the front desk 2-3 times. You be the judge.
          3)Long Lasting Explosive Energy (No Crash!) - Yeah, definitely felt like I had a full tank of gas all day, didn't crash when it wore off - I couldn't tell you when it wore off actually! Also did not feel shaky or jittery at all.
          4)Profound Sense of Well-Being and Mental Focus - sure... I got my paperwork done today... which is a stretch for me most days!
          This one is a keeper I think. I don't know how well it burns fat, but I would be willing to give it a real shot.

Comment

• PTAaron

Product: Aspire 36 ... It is good, definitely try it. That's all I'm gonna say about that one.

Comment

• PTAaron

Product: WTF Pump'd from ALR Industries (makers of Venom). This is a pre-workout supplement.
              First impression is that it has very little flavor when mixed in water - maybe I put in too much water? I'm not sure. I couldn't tell you what the flavor was supposed to be, but it wasn't a bad flavor. I didn't notice a "Jolt" of energy from this product, but I also wasn't falling asleep behind the weights - which I thought would happen when I could barely get out of bed this morning (up all night coughing). The "pump" was good from this product during the workout - my Gaspari Nutrition t-shirt got pretty stretched out when my chest, shoulders, and lats were all pumped at the same time! ... and no I'm not even pretending to be big!
              Lets go over the label claims:
              1) Severe Pump & Vascularity - Pump was good, I wouldn't say "severe" - but definitely noticeable, and I am still pumped up right now after being at home for 20 minutes. As far as "severe vascularity"... forearms look about look they usually do throughout the day, no more/no less.
              2) Superior Recovery - Don't really know how to judge that... so I can't comment.
              3) Focused Energy and Attitude - I didn't feel shaky and over stimulated like with some products, I also wasn't falling asleep. I would say it was just about right. As far as my attitude? I still wanted to smack half the people I saw in the gym because I think they are idiots - but I'm not so sure that is what they meant

Overall - I'm looking forward to trying this one out again on Friday. I'll add to this review after doing a leg workout on it.

Comment

Working...