Fruits for muscle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freezerdude

WTF? Hawk you told me he order 2 dozen large pink grapefruit said he wanted to be a movie star..

Comment

• Cecylia

I want to be look like fatty, so what fruits are for me ???
      what type of fruits and any other diet should i use for it ???
      please guide me guys ...

Comment

• incrediblehawk
        Vet
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Cecylia
        I want to be look like fatty, so what fruits are for me ???
        what type of fruits and any other diet should i use for it ???
        please guide me guys ...
        Pizza is a fruit!

You may have heard that the United States Congress declared pizza a vegetable recently. As I hope you were aware (or suspected), these claims are exaggerations. The whole business started when the Obama administration began drafting the renewal for a funding bill for the Department of Agriculture, FDA, and other related agencies. The bill also defines the FDA guidelines for nutrition levels that schools (ideally) follow. How many servings of fruit and vegetables they offer, the maximum level of sodium they serve, that sort of thing. In previous years, the bill stated that one eighth a cup of tomato paste equals roughly a half a cup of vegetables. Whether this is because tomato paste is condensed, or because some politician wanted to score some points with all of his frozen pizza manufacturing constituents, isn’t clear. Recently however, someone in congress suggested that tomato paste shouldn’t get this unfair advantage, and should be counted for its actual mass. There was a minor squabble over the issue, and the decision was ultimately reached to leave tomato paste as it was, with its extra credit.

Then the media found the story, and through either a long convoluted process of mutation or simple sensational journalism, headlines read “Congress Declares Pizza a Vegetable.”

I get the connection, schools that even attempt to follow the FDA nutrition guidelines will often exploit this loophole by serving pizza, with tomato paste in the sauce, to count for their vegetable quota. However, as ridiculous this story is on the surface, it gets even more ludicrous.

When I first heard the story, I was shocked and appalled. Not that congress was trying to give tomato paste more than its fair share of credit, but that everyone seemed to be forgetting one small fact. Tomatoes are fruits. It seemed the Obama Administration, Congress, and the media were all oblivious that the fact. Congress was not only redefining pizza as a plant, it was redefining it incorrectly!

I decided to double check the definition on the internet; after all, I could be wrong.

That’s when I found out that there was actual a Supreme Court case in 1893 that decided whether tomatoes were fruits or veggies. The real issue at stake in Nix v. Hedden was the taxation of a tomato farmer under a vegetable tax. The tomato farmer argued that he was not subject to the tax because tomatoes are fruits, not vegetables. The court ruled that the law was written with the common definition of tomatoes in mind, and that tomatoes are commonly considered to be vegetables. The court recognized that tomatoes are botanically considered fruits, and stressed that it was not attempting to redefine the scientific specifications of the plant. The court set the precedent that legally and commercially, that tomatoes are to be considered vegetables.

“It is odd how learned persons fail to see that new terms and definitions are apt to mean new doubts and litigation.” -Frederick Pollock

Comment

• Gerared

Hi All,
          Fruits provide more energy for workout and results in better results. Fruits can maintain our blood pressure level and cholesterol and prevent from depression, cardiovascular disease and certain types of cancer. Fruits can improve our vision and eye sight also.

Comment

• Aleksandra

Contains pectin, which assists in the formation of jellies,
            Contains little or no fat and protein,
            Contains small amounts of carotene (vitamin A) and vitamin b-complex...

Comment

• incrediblehawk
              Vet
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Aleksandra
              Contains pectin, which assists in the formation of jellies,
              Contains little or no fat and protein,
              Contains small amounts of carotene (vitamin A) and vitamin b-complex...
              best thread ever.

Comment

• Freezerdude

lol, It's just full of killer info!

Comment

• starc909
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2012

Fruits are very beneficial for us, its make strong the person, its also control to the blood pressure, all the vitamin include to the fruits, its safety for the cancer, that,s why every person should fruits eat daily. the fruits make the muscle strong and powerful.

Comment

• Time2grow
                    • Nov 2012

I LOVE fruits!! :-d

Comment

• IntensityX
                      Vet
                      • Dec 2012

I heard pussy juice is good for muscle building.

In that case I'll look like Mr O by early next year

Comment

• squatman
                        Vet
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by incrediblehawk
                        Fruits for muscle is a website created by SHOVEL. Being a muscle worshipper he is, he thought he would share his fantasies with more of his kind of people.

Soon, he will have Fruits for Butthole and Fruits for Gloryhole.

Good luck in your new ventures...

you fucking fruit.

LMFAO!! man oh man...Hawk my brother, you had a great sense of humor!

RIP my brother!

a

Comment

• squatman
                          Vet
                          • Jul 2011

Fruits have very little benefits to help build muscle, as most of the sugar/carb content is fructose, and very little fructose get stored as glycogen in the muscle, most of it just goes straight to the liver and then converted into triglycerides.

Noe I'm not saying fruits are poison or anything as they do contain many healthy anti-oxidants and nutrients, it just that ass pure muscle building properties they don't add up to very much.

Just my .02

s

Comment

• Shovel
                            VET
                            • Jul 2011

RIP IH
                            Semper Fi

Comment

• millenium girl
                              • Apr 2006

Are you honest: do you, guys, eat 5 servings of fruit or veggies a day cuz I don't and I wish I could find fruit and veggies in a pill (I eat like a bird).
                              Last edited by millenium girl; 12-25-2012, 03:38 PM.
                              Don't forget to join
                              http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
                              http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

• Francis

Fruits contain rich amount of the fiber that helps to build the muscles. They also have important vitamins and nutrition that are helpful for the weight management.
                                The more important fruits that help in a natural muscles building are banana, date, grapes, mango, pineapple, water melon, and sweet potato.

Comment

Working...