Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > MMA Talk
User Name
Password

Old 06-18-2016, 07:19 AM   #1
Glycomann

UFC drug testing program

What do you guys think of the USADA drug testing in UFC? 50 fighters positive and climbing. In a way I'm like to seem them drop it all together like it was a decade or 2 ago. Then again it's probably better for the fighters but guys that have been using for a decade can't just come off and be the same fighters. There is always some big chunk of their game that is missing and their heads are not the same. I wish there was some test or battery of tests they could run that limits the amount of PEDs they can use. Then we could have some level of both worlds. i remember back int he 80s and 90s in my era AAS and GH made a big difference. There was a huge leap in performance when guys went on. They freaking work and it really doesn't take a huge amount of drugs for combat sports. To much actually makes you gas out and or get loggy. Some of these really jacked guys are on to much and you can tell because they gas out in 1 round. The smarter ones use just enough to get some recovery and focus and a bit of strength.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:20 PM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
I think drug testing should be eliminated in all pro sports.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:26 PM   #3
Glycomann

gasp... but the children!!
Old 06-20-2016, 08:13 AM   #4
choke

I learned the hard way back in the day about "too much". I had to learn how to move again; and I gassed in only a couple of minutes. That's when I learned to find the place for "just enough".

I was coaching a top 10 middleweight, former Marine, at the time of his retirement. And this actually played into one of the reasons he retired. He wasn't against PED's, but he didn't want to use them himself. And we were talking about how everyone in the upper tier was using. You simply cannot be competitive at a high level in MMA (hell, even submission grappling and competitive BJJ) and be successful without using.

The thing about the UFC's policy is that it is somewhat subjective. It is a way that can be used to bump you from the roster if you piss off uncle Dana.

With the politics of PED's being what they are, and MMA under more scrutiny than most because of the "barbarity" (as judged by the beta personalities), there's no way that testing can be erased; and fights get sanctioned. No state athletic commissions are gonna let the fights happen without testing unfortunately.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:51 AM   #5
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
Good post choke. I agree there is a right amount and too much AAS will work against you. I never got into mma fighting but I was doing grappling comps and too much muscle will hurt you. Small dose of test with a little hgh would be perfect and healthy for a fighter
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:42 AM   #6
Deacon
Vet

Deacon is just really niceDeacon is just really niceDeacon is just really niceDeacon is just really nice
let them all use it then the field is even

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:58 AM   #7
BrutalHoney
VET

BrutalHoney will become famous soon enough
Stupid fucking country...

Why's this shit illegal again?
BrutalHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:21 AM   #8
andrew0409
Vet

andrew0409 will become famous soon enoughandrew0409 will become famous soon enough
One interesting thing is some of the fighters also going into the UFC, I know personally many pro fighters not in the UFC using PEDs. So they look great in other fight organization but disappoint when they fight in the UFC. I was a project manager for the MMA organization in Taiwan. We did not test and some of the guys that were on our cards went on to the UFC. One of them is currently on the ultimate fighter. I know many fighters fighting in China also because they don't test. Many make a name for themselves and get to Japan or Korea and things change also.
andrew0409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:08 AM   #9
Acneman
Banned

Acneman will become famous soon enoughAcneman will become famous soon enough
if you dont test you will have people killing themselves to win. we are not talking steroids here. remember the pride days. mark coleman shooting up a speedball of meth and an opiate minutes before he goes out to fight as well as snorting cocaine for hours waiting for his turn to hit the ring screaming like a madman. as long as they are sneaking around to use and are trying to hide it most will not use amounts or substances like that
Acneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #10
myosaurus
Vet

myosaurus is a jewel in the roughmyosaurus is a jewel in the roughmyosaurus is a jewel in the roughmyosaurus is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
gasp... but the children!!
yeah.... lol
myosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote