You train, you learn, how vulnerable are you?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • choke
    • Apr 2024

You train, you learn, how vulnerable are you?

I don't know if we have enough people here to go through a discussion like this; but I'm curious anyways. If for nothing else, in the interest of generating traffic.

If you train, how do you make yourself vulnerable?
    what do you do, to fill the holes in your game?

For me, I start rolling while being locked into side mount, or mount.

Where do you see the weak link in your game?
  • workingout
    VET
    • Apr 2004

Being the best guy in your gym is the worst thing that can happen to you.

I love going to other gyms, with solid guys, who are better than me. I've learned so much from guys who have kicked my ass.
    He who does not strike first is the first stricken.

BS ESS

Comment

• Glycomann

I give them my back mostly. If it's standing I let them come in a little further then work on spinning out and counters.

Comment

• Dakota
        VET
        • Feb 2017

Start by rolling into the bad position and then work your way out instead of start off completely in the bad position. I used to find that was a big help in recognizing it coming. Do it enough and hopefully you are recognizing it early enough to avoid it or be able to defend it early enough so it isn't a show stopper. I love to watch two superior scramblers counter counter counter.
        The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• b52
          • Oct 2006

Nothing will fill a hole in your game better than losing. Man, I hate losing so much that it ignites a fire in me, and I have come back to annihilate who I lost to. Best thing to do is train what you are weakest at, and it will eventually become second nature. I don't know if I can really explain it or maybe it's just me, but depending on your position, my mind runs through numerous counters. "If he goes for this, I'll do this, or if he goes for that I'll do this" but it all happens in a split second. I try to get everything to that point.

Comment

Working...