Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Diet and Nutrition
User Name
Password

Old 01-25-2022, 05:47 PM   #1
Rebornlite
VET

Rebornlite is on a distinguished road
Meal prep recipes

What are your favorite recipes/dishes when meal prepping for the week? I will share one of my favorites, my chicken thigh recipe. This recipe is the best I found to have your chicken moist and delicious for an entire week.

Recipe is for 1 pack bone in and skin on chicken thighs. (10-12 thighs)

The Brine:
1.5 Liters warm water
1/4 cup Mortens course Kosher salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
Add salt and sugar to water until dissolved
Rinse chicken thighs and place in gallon freezer bag- add brine mixture to bag
Refrigerate for 12 hours

Marinade:
Drain brine from bag
Add your favorite wet marinade or salad dressing to bag of chicken. My favorite is teriyaki with a tablespoon hot pepper flakes.
Refrigerate for an additional 12-24 hrs

Remove chicken from bag and place in baking dish, skin side up.
BAKE at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Remove and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
Transfer to storage container with lid for refrigeration.

Reheating:
I leave the skin on for reheating and remove the bone and will sprinkle water over chicken. I remove the skin after reheating. I will reheat with basmati rice and favorite vegetable.

Chicken remains moist and delicious after many days of being in the refrigerator.

Last edited by Rebornlite; 01-27-2022 at 01:39 PM..
Rebornlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:14 AM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
I never thought of anything like that.
Thanks.
Old 01-27-2022, 01:38 PM   #3
Rebornlite
VET

Anyone have a chicken breast meal prep recipe they can share? I have not found a way to make a weeks worth of chicken breast that doesn't have me choking it down by day 3.
Old 01-30-2022, 11:53 PM   #4
HDH

HDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebornlite View Post
Anyone have a chicken breast meal prep recipe they can share? I have not found a way to make a weeks worth of chicken breast that doesn't have me choking it down by day 3.
I don't quite cook my chicken all the way, I finish it during the reheat.

When reheating, I cut the chicken up and put it into a sandwich baggie and microwave it so it steams itself.

It's super easy to overcook it like this so you'll want to stay right at the microwave with it. I would start it at 15 to 20 sec a side and make sure it's spread out evenly in the bag.

If it starts to stick to itself it's over cooked. It will work even if you cook it all the way from the beginning.

Not quite a recipe but a good way to reheat meat so it doesn't dry out. You can steam the shit out of broccoli or any veggies like that too.
HDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 09:18 AM   #5
Rebornlite
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDH View Post
I don't quite cook my chicken all the way, I finish it during the reheat.

When reheating, I cut the chicken up and put it into a sandwich baggie and microwave it so it steams itself.

It's super easy to overcook it like this so you'll want to stay right at the microwave with it. I would start it at 15 to 20 sec a side and make sure it's spread out evenly in the bag.

If it starts to stick to itself it's over cooked. It will work even if you cook it all the way from the beginning.

Not quite a recipe but a good way to reheat meat so it doesn't dry out. You can steam the shit out of broccoli or any veggies like that too.
Interesting, thanks for this