Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Diet and Nutrition
User Name
Password

Old 11-22-2022, 05:15 PM   #1
ThorsBanhammer
VET

ThorsBanhammer is on a distinguished road
"Supplier Shortage"

I have been seeing this all over for a few foods I frequent on my cut, mostly ground turkey. I think im going to buy a couple turkeys after thanksgiving and go with the sliced bird route.

What dead ends are all of you seeing food wise?
ThorsBanhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:03 PM   #2
ozzy69
Assistant Admin

ozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud of
I buy a side of beef a year and I kill a lot of my own meat so I haven’t seen anything.
ozzy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:06 PM   #3
Rebornlite
VET

Rebornlite is on a distinguished road
I am busy packing my freezer with venison this time of year. Especially this year, everything is expensive. Let's Go Brandon
Rebornlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 06:56 AM   #4
irish_2003
Vet

irish_2003 will become famous soon enoughirish_2003 will become famous soon enough
The corrupt government is mandating killing of millions of turkeys for alleged avaian/bird flu....
Personally u think it's either fake worries or fraud by government and other meat industries to control the market
irish_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 04:57 AM   #5
Rot-Iron66

Rot-Iron66 is on a distinguished road
Haven't seen much of a shortage around me so far. (New Hampshire).
Noticed a bunch of very large Butterball Turkeys even yesterday.
Either that, or no one can afford them these days.

Chicken breast was 1.99 a lb. last week. The packs came with 8 large breastesses (huge) so we cut them in half the long way. (Filleted I guess?).

And now they are normal size. But 16 pieces for 10.00 I thought was great.
May have just been a random sale, who knows...

#FJB
Rot-Iron66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 05:40 AM   #6
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Seems like turkey and hams are good. My son bought us a huge ham for thanksgiving.
Old 11-24-2022, 09:19 AM   #7
78Steeler
VET

78Steeler will become famous soon enough
We had no trouble getting a 20lb butterball turkey.
78Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 02:50 PM   #8
ThorsBanhammer
VET

ThorsBanhammer is on a distinguished road
I see supplier shortage signs for a bunch of different things every time I go grocery shopping.
ThorsBanhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 12:33 PM   #9
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
I own a cafe and nothing has been the same for years. It has gotten a little better but there is a constant shortage. Maybe not so bad at the consumer level but it's not particularly great at the wholesale level. And the prices are through the roof. I was getting 40lbs of chicken breast a couple years back for about $37. It was $130 the other day. Problem is I can't raise the prices so much to a point where people won't pay it so the only option is to take a huge hit in the profit and cut people's hours and run yourself ragged. So that'll be sold by the new year, but there is a shortage. Has been and will be for some time.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote