X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Puff88
    VET
    • Jan 2019

Clomid Restart

Not sure the best place to post this, so sorry if it's in the wrong section.

Looking for the best protocol for a clomid restart, to try and raise natural test levels. What I have come across seems to be 8 weeks, 7 days a week 25mg a day. Wondering if the dose should be tapered off at the end? Does it matter to dose first thing in the am or right before bed?

For those who are going to say it's pointless or that I should just go TRT - natural lifter here with test levels in the lower end of normal range, still relatively young. Looking to give this route a go to see if I can bump it up a little bit. Was actually suggested to me by multiple members on this board.

Any insight on dosing, length, timing, etc much appreciated!
  • Bananas
    Vet
    • Nov 2005

I did clomid 25 mg EOD for about 6 months. My levels went from 350 to 670. I am sure if I had dosed it a bit higher at 50 mg EOD I would have been able to get to 800ish.

I think if you are natural you shouldnt do anyhting. but I think if you absolutely are hell bent on something then you are being very wise in doing clomid vs testosterone.

The recovery will be easy..way easy.

Comment

• Puff88
      VET
      • Jan 2019

You suggest eod instead of ed?

Comment

• Bananas
        Vet
        • Nov 2005

It’s just what I have seen urologists prescribe. EOD. 25 eod or 50 eod.

The limiting factor is how much test your balls can produce so why take more if 25 mg eod and 25 mg Ed both will give you the same test level of 600-700.

But maybe try and see . Start with eod and get blood work, then go to ED and get blood work. I don’t think there will be a significant difference in test levels between the two protocols.

Comment

• Bananas
          Vet
          • Nov 2005

on your blood work where you had low normal test levels, do you know what your lh and fsh levels were?

Comment

• Puff88
            VET
            • Jan 2019

No, the only things my doctor was willing to check was free and total test along with thyroid function and all other normal blood lipids. I know, find a new doctor..

Comment

• jeepaspe
              Banned
              • Apr 2022

I’m a moron and I have a small peen
              Last edited by ozzy69; 04-11-2022, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Kluso
                Vet
                • Dec 2016

Did you ever do this Puff? How did it go?

Comment

• jrod
                  • Jun 2010

I take 50mg eod and it seems to help
                  Since clomid has a 5 day half life, more than likely I’ll taper to 25mg eod and then go to twice a week for a few weeks and then come off.
                  I have e pond very well to HCG however I’ve never tried HMG.

Comment

• akajavman1
                    VET
                    • Sep 2022

Originally posted by jrod
                    I take 50mg eod and it seems to help
                    Since clomid has a 5 day half life, more than likely I’ll taper to 25mg eod and then go to twice a week for a few weeks and then come off.
                    I have e pond very well to HCG however I’ve never tried HMG.
                    I know 250ius of hcg 3x a week gives me blue balls quickly!

Comment

Working...