Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Peak-Muscle > News and Updates
User Name
Password

Old 01-21-2023, 01:28 PM   #1
ESTROGEN GUY
VET

ESTROGEN GUY has a spectacular aura aboutESTROGEN GUY has a spectacular aura aboutESTROGEN GUY has a spectacular aura about
FOOTBALL HEAD INJURY (JUST LOST A FAMILY MEMBER)

Please (no sorry for the loss) words. If you're a praying man. Pray for our family. If not just keep us in your thoughts. Nothing to be sorry for. We are not here to stay.

The most troubling thing is there were warning signs. His wife told me he attempted to run through the wall in the den. He tried to run through a giant wall-to-wall tv.

She told us none of this until he ran through the glass window of their condo and leaped to his death. It seems as if he was reliving. actions on the field. He has been suffering since his game two years ago. Against Villanova, then his doctor cleared him. He went on to play 6 more games. She tells us both the Eagles and Bills Doctors told them he should be checked for CDC. These two teams blocked him from getting any more tryouts based on their findings. They told them until he was cleared, he could not do any more tryouts. He just recently ran a 4.4 40 @ 253 lb. We just prep his meals for the next 3 days!! DAMM THIS HURTS!

But all good. I just wanted to post How important it is to share with anyone that may be suffering from CDC from a football head injury.

Former linebacker XXXXXX XXXXXX dies at 25
XXXXXX XXXXXX played four seasons for the XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXX Football announced Friday.

2023 January 2023 XXXXXXXX, Football, Sports

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX accumulated 230 tackles and 17.2 sacks during his four years at XXXXXXXXXX / COURTESY XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Former XXXXXXXXXXXX Football outside linebacker XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX has died, XXXXXXXXXXXXFootball announced on Twitter on Friday

XXXXXXXX was a four-year letter winner for the XXXXXXX and was the lone true freshman to start for XXXXXXXXXXin the XXXXXXXXXXXseason opener against Notre Dame.

The former linebacker accumulated 17.2 sacks, 73 total tackles and 17.2 tackles for loss in 14 starts during the XXXX season.

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX mother, organized a GoFundMe to raise money for the cost of a funeral service. The fundraiser has already received nearly $64,000 in donations.

“We are all devastated and caught off guard by my son, XXXXXXXX loss,” XXXXXXX XXXXX said. “We want to give XXXXXXXXXX the memorial he deserves to honor his memory and say our last goodbyes.”

Several of XXXXXXXXXX former XXXXXXXXXXX teammates, including current Carolina Panthers quarterback P.J. Walker and current Buffalo Bills linebacker Tyler Matakevich, his uncle former Iowa Hawkeye outside linebacker Stand Out and National Bodybodybuider took to Twitter in remembrance of the XXXXXXXXX graduate.

XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX, native and CA, resident, attended XXXXXXXXXXXXXXHigh School prior to playing at XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

https://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbrainin...ead%20injuries.
ESTROGEN GUY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 08:39 AM   #2
irish_2003
Vet

irish_2003 will become famous soon enoughirish_2003 will become famous soon enough
I cant begin to understand full cte, but as a former paratrooper i recognize some of the symptoms like slight hallucinations, migraines, moodiness from rattling in my Helmet on jumps ...I feel for you and your family
irish_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 02:10 PM   #3
MindlessWork

MindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura about
Wow this is serious stuff and there needs to be better understanding of this condition and how to prevent it. Head protection in sports and where there's risk of head contact should be mandated and there should be a test developed that can detect the markers for CTE in a living patient as right now the only way is after death.

I feel very bad for the family that had to go through this distressing situation.
Old 01-22-2023, 05:00 PM   #4
irish_2003
Vet

irish_2003 will become famous soon enoughirish_2003 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
Wow this is serious stuff and there needs to be better understanding of this condition and how to prevent it. Head protection in sports and where there's risk of head contact should be mandated and there should be a test developed that can detect the markers for CTE in a living patient as right now the only way is after death.

I feel very bad for the family that had to go through this distressing situation.
The only way to diagnose unfortunately is after the fact
irish_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 05:15 PM   #5
MindlessWork

MindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura aboutMindlessWork has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_2003 View Post
The only way to diagnose unfortunately is after the fact
At the moment that's true, but there's hope as I read somewhere the VA is researching a testing method for CTE in a living person. Hopefully that test someday be a reality as something like that is really needed.
Old 01-29-2023, 07:47 AM   #6
ESTROGEN GUY
VET

ESTROGEN GUY has a spectacular aura aboutESTROGEN GUY has a spectacular aura aboutESTROGEN GUY has a spectacular aura about
Thank you. We put him to rest yesterday. His Jr. And High School retired his number. This year they will all wear his initials, on their uniforms. This is life, we will get through as with all things in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_2003 View Post
I cant begin to understand full cte, but as a former paratrooper i recognize some of the symptoms like slight hallucinations, migraines, moodiness from rattling in my Helmet on jumps ...I feel for you and your family
ESTROGEN GUY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:35 AM   #7
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Condolences my friend.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:25 AM   #8
Paradise0

Paradise0 is on a distinguished road
As a former paratrooper, I can't even begin to grasp the whole scope of CTE, but I can recognise some of the symptoms, such as mild hallucinations, headaches, and moodiness brought on by the rattling of my helmet during jumps.I'm thinking about you and your family.
Paradise0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 05:34 PM   #9
BigTex
VET

BigTex is on a distinguished road
I am a former football coach have have been through many of these. It is serious business. Here in this state we take it very seriously. Coaches have to go through a training program each year and insist that athletes are taught the proper way to tackle. I saw one kid die over a concussion/neck injury when I coached Div I-AA more than 23 years ago. Never forgot that.

Texas law-
A student athlete, if it is believed that they might have sustained a concussion, shall not return to practice or competition until the student athlete has been evaluated and cleared in writing by his or her treating physician and all other notice and consent requirements have been met. From that point, the student athlete must satisfactorily complete the protocol established by the school district’s or charter school’s Concussion Oversight Team.

Here is the state approved protocol

An athlete should never be allowed to resume physical activity following a concussion until he or she is symptom free and given the approval to resume physical activity by an appropriate health-care professional. Once an athlete no longer has signs, symptoms, or behaviors of a concussion and is cleared to return to activity by an appropriate health-care professional, he or she should proceed in a step-wise fashion to allow the brain to re-adjust to exercise. In most cases, the athlete will progress one step each day. The return to activity program schedule may proceed as below, following medical clearance: Progressive Physical Activity Program (ideally under supervision)

Step 1: Light aerobic exercise- 5 to 10 minutes on an exercise bike or light jog; no weight lifting, resistance training, or any other exercises.
Step 2: Moderate aerobic exercise- 15 to 20 minutes of running at moderate intensity in the gym or on the field without a helmet or other equipment.
Step 3: Non-contact training drills in full uniform. May begin weight lifting, resistance training and other exercises.
Step 4: Full contact practice or training.
Step 5: Full game play.

If symptoms of a concussion reoccur, or if concussion signs and/or behaviors are observed at any time during the return-to-activity program, the athlete must discontinue all activity and be re-evaluated by his or her health-care provider.
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 02:52 PM   #10
Paradise0

Paradise0 is on a distinguished road
These injuries can range from mild concussions to more severe head trauma, such as skull fractures or brain injuries. is velveeta keto? It is essential to take head injuries seriously and seek medical attention promptly to ensure proper evaluation and treatment.
Paradise0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 04:25 PM   #11
juggaknott2011

juggaknott2011 is on a distinguished road
We are here for you brother ! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers

"We lift each other up ! We are a force alone but as a family we're unstoppable ! We build muscles and memories "

Juggaknott2011
juggaknott2011 is offline   Reply With Quote