Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roughrydr
    • Oct 2017

Joined Llanet Fitness

Ive been out of commission since January 2022. I blew out my shoulder doing heavy seated military presses with a bar. I didn't wsnt to do surgery so i just took the time off and waited until i felt ready. I also came completely clean, not even trt. So now ive been doing light weight at home and feel ready to get back at it. I was able to get 225 seated mimitary press yesterday for 5 reps with no bad results. Not where i was but still pretty solid. So they built a new planet fitness about 5 miles from my property. I really only need a gym for legs. So i took my wife and checked it out. I was shocked that there were NO free weight benches. The only free weight were dumbbells and they only go up to 75lbs. But sonce im sort of starting out slowly and its free thanks to MediCare i joined. I had been to one other one and they had more free weights. But for free and as a rehab for me, im going to use the facility. I slipped and told them if i had yo pay i would have joined a real gym. But they got it i think. Im a big boy. I was disappointed though that they didnt do the pizza any more.
    OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain
  • MindlessWork
    • Aug 2011

You can work around the limited weights by using the machines and also doing more reps per set with the lighter weight. I have a PF membership as well but go there occasionally as I go to a better gym on the other side of town.

Just don't set off the Lunk Alarm, lol jk.
    “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• ozzy69
      Assistant Admin
      • Jun 2011

Bud I go to planet fitness on fridays with a lady friend

Comment

• MindlessWork
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by ozzy69
        Bud I go to planet fitness on fridays with a lady friend
        So she can use the treadmills or ellipticals right, wink wink?
        “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• ozzy69
          Assistant Admin
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by MindlessWork
          So she can use the treadmills or ellipticals right, wink wink?
          Actually no

I’ll use the good girl bad girl machines there with her when we train

Place is a bit of a joke for real training

But they have red light therapy, hydro beds, tanning

It’s actually decent for the extra stuff you get from it

And it’s yoga pants every where

Young girls with yoga pants right up that ass crack

Comment

• Roughrydr
            • Oct 2017

And a lot of old farts like me trying not to come off as pervs.
            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Acreed1
              Vet
              • Nov 2014

I have PF membership. It's a part of my health benefit package. Great for cardio/core and a few other things. But I use my meat head gym for main body parts. Can't beat the hours or cost.
              "No Joe, you next Joe, you next Joe!"
              "Creed in 3, Creed in 3"

Comment

• steelpreacher
                Vet
                • Jun 2013

What is a good girl bad girl machine? Lol

Comment

• Roughrydr
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by steelpreacher
                  What is a good girl bad girl machine? Lol
                  I wondered that too. Do you think it's the thing where they squeeze their thighs together, then spread them apart? That's all I could come up with. What is it called? Abductor machines??
                  OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• MindlessWork
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                    I wondered that too. Do you think it's the thing where they squeeze their thighs together, then spread them apart? That's all I could come up with. What is it called? Abductor machines??
                    Yes, adductor/abductor machine it is. The girls use these a lot and no wonder these machines get called "good girl bad girl" machines!

These are pretty useful machines even for the guys to use too...so don't let he jokes get to ya!

Comment

Working...