X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rebornlite
    VET
    • Dec 2018

Meal prep recipes

What are your favorite recipes/dishes when meal prepping for the week? I will share one of my favorites, my chicken thigh recipe. This recipe is the best I found to have your chicken moist and delicious for an entire week.

Recipe is for 1 pack bone in and skin on chicken thighs. (10-12 thighs)

The Brine:
    1.5 Liters warm water
    1/4 cup Mortens course Kosher salt
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    Add salt and sugar to water until dissolved
    Rinse chicken thighs and place in gallon freezer bag- add brine mixture to bag
    Refrigerate for 12 hours

Marinade:
    Drain brine from bag
    Add your favorite wet marinade or salad dressing to bag of chicken. My favorite is teriyaki with a tablespoon hot pepper flakes.
    Refrigerate for an additional 12-24 hrs

Remove chicken from bag and place in baking dish, skin side up.
    BAKE at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until internal temperature of 165 degrees.
    Remove and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
    Transfer to storage container with lid for refrigeration.

Reheating:
    I leave the skin on for reheating and remove the bone and will sprinkle water over chicken. I remove the skin after reheating. I will reheat with basmati rice and favorite vegetable.

Chicken remains moist and delicious after many days of being in the refrigerator.
    Last edited by Rebornlite; 01-27-2022, 01:39 PM.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I never thought of anything like that.
    Thanks.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Rebornlite
      VET
      • Dec 2018

Anyone have a chicken breast meal prep recipe they can share? I have not found a way to make a weeks worth of chicken breast that doesn't have me choking it down by day 3.

Comment

• HDH
        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Rebornlite
        Anyone have a chicken breast meal prep recipe they can share? I have not found a way to make a weeks worth of chicken breast that doesn't have me choking it down by day 3.
        I don't quite cook my chicken all the way, I finish it during the reheat.

When reheating, I cut the chicken up and put it into a sandwich baggie and microwave it so it steams itself.

It's super easy to overcook it like this so you'll want to stay right at the microwave with it. I would start it at 15 to 20 sec a side and make sure it's spread out evenly in the bag.

If it starts to stick to itself it's over cooked. It will work even if you cook it all the way from the beginning.

Not quite a recipe but a good way to reheat meat so it doesn't dry out. You can steam the shit out of broccoli or any veggies like that too.

Comment

• Rebornlite
          VET
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by HDH
          I don't quite cook my chicken all the way, I finish it during the reheat.

When reheating, I cut the chicken up and put it into a sandwich baggie and microwave it so it steams itself.

It's super easy to overcook it like this so you'll want to stay right at the microwave with it. I would start it at 15 to 20 sec a side and make sure it's spread out evenly in the bag.

If it starts to stick to itself it's over cooked. It will work even if you cook it all the way from the beginning.

Not quite a recipe but a good way to reheat meat so it doesn't dry out. You can steam the shit out of broccoli or any veggies like that too.
          Interesting, thanks for this

Comment

Working...