X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ESTROGEN GUY
    VET
    • Aug 2018

Is There Such Thing as Excess Protein?

Everyone body is never the same. But my answer is no.

http://road2hardcoreiron.net/

https://www.myscfuel.com/

EG
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

I agree the majority of protein digestion takes place in the intestines over many hours.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• b52
      • Oct 2006

Yes and no. Your body will use as much as it can process. The excess gets excreted. It's all relative to your activity level and how your body processes food. In a nutshell I could eat 5 steaks a day or 10 steaks a day. The 5 is more than enough, 10 would be excess for someone like me and there's no way my body is using all of that in a 24 hour period. I could eat it but it would not be beneficial and would be a greater benefit to have it tomorrow instead of pissing and shitting out the excess that couldn't be used.

Comment

• unclem
        Banned
        • Sep 2022

Originally posted by b52
        Yes and no. Your body will use as much as it can process. The excess gets excreted. It's all relative to your activity level and how your body processes food. In a nutshell I could eat 5 steaks a day or 10 steaks a day. The 5 is more than enough, 10 would be excess for someone like me and there's no way my body is using all of that in a 24 hour period. I could eat it but it would not be beneficial and would be a greater benefit to have it tomorrow instead of pissing and shitting out the excess that couldn't be used.

very good post.

Comment

• Roughrydr
          • Oct 2017

Too much protein puts strain on the kidneys. I'm one gfr number from being stage 4 ckd. My nephrologist has me limiting my protein intake. It's very hard to do since I'm a meat and potatoes guy. But I'd like to avoid dialysis. So I try.
          OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Bigpapapumpaf
            VET
            • Feb 2017

Too much protein powder is definitely hard ion your kidneys. I guess one can never eat enough meat but there is a limit to what your stomach can digest, unlike a powder.

BPP

Comment

Working...