Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1bigun11
    • May 2022

Originally posted by Kluso
    Dam! 40lbs! How long did that take? How did you diet? How much cardio? What’s your plan now? I lost 20lbs earlier this year and then just started eating whatever I wanted. My appetite was insane for awhile. I wish I had taken better advantage of that and bumped up calories slower with less carbs and kept that appetite going for longer to add more size. I did blow up at first but then spilled over and started adding fat back on before I knew it. Not gonna make that mistake again!
    It took me about a year. I was purposefully bulking, so I dropped the first twenty pounds pretty easily just by not forcing food all the time. It has been coming off steadily since then just by eating fairly clean.

I haven’t really started dieting yet, but would like to do a show in spring/summer, coming in at 230 or so. That’s plenty big for the over 60 class. Then I want to do like you said and reverse diet back up, but only to 270 or so.

Comment

• Kluso
      Vet
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by 1bigun11
      It took me about a year. I was purposefully bulking, so I dropped the first twenty pounds pretty easily just by not forcing food all the time. It has been coming off steadily since then just by eating fairly clean.

I haven’t really started dieting yet, but would like to do a show in spring/summer, coming in at 230 or so. That’s plenty big for the over 60 class. Then I want to do like you said and reverse diet back up, but only to 270 or so.
      Nice! How long has it been since u competed?

Comment

• Kluso
        Vet
        • Dec 2016

Do they have an over 40 or 45 division? Asking for myself. I’m 48.

Comment

• 1bigun11
          • May 2022

Do they have an over 40 or 45 division? Asking for myself. I’m 48.
          Well they technically have Masters over 35, 40, 50, 60, 70, etc, with different weight classes in each. Problem is that if they don't have enough competitors for that many classes they merge them. Usually I see masters over 40 (with no separate weight classes) and masters over 50 (with the 60's, 70's etc. all grouped in. A small local show probably just have over 40, and over 50. State wide show will probably have 40, 50, and 60, with maybe a couple of weight classes for some; and a big national show you can expect all ages, with weight classes for each.

Comment

• Kluso
            Vet
            • Dec 2016

Well they technically have Masters over 35, 40, 50, 60, 70, etc, with different weight classes in each. Problem is that if they don't have enough competitors for that many classes they merge them. Usually I see masters over 40 (with no separate weight classes) and masters over 50 (with the 60's, 70's etc. all grouped in. A small local show probably just have over 40, and over 50. State wide show will probably have 40, 50, and 60, with maybe a couple of weight classes for some; and a big national show you can expect all ages, with weight classes for each.
            Gotcha! Thanks. My dad used to compete back in the 90s but I only went to a few and wasn’t my thing back then. Went to a local show a couple years ago here in Baltimore to kinda check it out. Just finals though.

Comment

• Roughrydr
              • Oct 2017

Unclem wants to know if you have injected synthol in your biceps.
              OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Kluso
                Vet
                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                Oh shit! Lmao

Comment

• 1bigun11
                  • May 2022

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                  HAHAHAHA! He is the reason I started this thread! LOL! Now he disappeared!! LOL!

Comment

• 1bigun11
                    • May 2022

Originally posted by Stickler
                    Damn bro! Way to kill it. I don't want to type to much.. might cause you to go eat a chicken. Lol
                    HAHAHAHA!!!!

Comment

• wallyd
                      VET
                      • Aug 2015

HAHAHAHA! He is the reason I started this thread! LOL! Now he disappeared!! LOL!
                      He’ll be back. I think he just got a 7 day ban.

Comment

• 1bigun11
                        • May 2022

Originally posted by wallyd
                        He’ll be back. I think he just got a 7 day ban.
                        Ugh. Well for the record no synthol, lol.

Comment

• Kluso
                          Vet
                          • Dec 2016

Ugh. Well for the record no synthol, lol.
                          Don’t lie. Even my grandma uses synthol! And my wife in her tits!

Comment

• Medi
                            VET
                            • May 2022

It was a serious fear of mine, lol! I have had a couple of bar fights in the last five years or so. In one, I saw the fight was coming and just one punch knocked out the guy; and in another, after giving the guy several warnings, I just stood up and pushed the drunk airborne over a nearby table and into a wall, and then other patrons took care of him from there. But I was winded and my heart was pounding like hell after each incident, each of which were really quick! Was kind of scary really, lol.
                            I'm ok at bars until someone says something stupid. Actually, I'm not good with stupid when I'm sober I don't drink and drive anymore so I don't do many bars. Had to learn that the hard way

It's been a while since I've been in a fight. Last two were at work of all places

Comment

• Kluso
                              Vet
                              • Dec 2016

It was a serious fear of mine, lol! I have had a couple of bar fights in the last five years or so. In one, I saw the fight was coming and just one punch knocked out the guy; and in another, after giving the guy several warnings, I just stood up and pushed the drunk airborne over a nearby table and into a wall, and then other patrons took care of him from there. But I was winded and my heart was pounding like hell after each incident, each of which were really quick! Was kind of scary really, lol.
                              Idk how I missed this! Why do they always want to fuck with the big guy? Someone always has to make a comment when I’m at the bar now. Usually trying to be funny but usually inappropriate or annoying.

Comment

• 1bigun11
                                • May 2022

Originally posted by Medi
                                I'm ok at bars until someone says something stupid. Actually, I'm not good with stupid when I'm sober I don't drink and drive anymore so I don't do many bars. Had to learn that the hard way

It's been a while since I've been in a fight. Last two were at work of all places
                                Idk how I missed this! Why do they always want to fuck with the big guy? Someone always has to make a comment when I’m at the bar now. Usually trying to be funny but usually inappropriate or annoying.
                                I don't understand why complete strangers try to come up and talk to you in a bar just because you're big, or especially why a scrawny stranger will come up and start talking shit to you. I guess they expect to show that you are a pussy and won't do anything about it, or that if you do something they have nothing to lose because they are scrawny and you will look like an ass for pounding them. Maybe they think it makes them look courageous. Don't know. I do know that it usually doesn't end well for them. Cause I don't mind looking like an ass for pounding a dipshit who deserves it, lol..

Comment

Working...