Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Training
User Name
Password

Old 06-21-2023, 06:03 AM   #1
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
TRYING SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Im about two months back in the gym after
sokid 15 month layoff due to shredding my right shoulder. I stayed in pretty decent shape during that time eating right and getting lots of steps in every day. But i knew my training would have to be paced not hurried. So ive been doing light light weights but holding the weight for a couple of seconds at peak contraction, literaaly squeezing the muscle at the apex if each rep. Im doing this on everything, legs included. Im seeing really amazing results. I know a lot of what im seeing is muscle memory, but im not just bulking. Im actually seeing hreat definition. Muscles like my biceps that have just been huge hunks of meat due to tearing them both are getting very nice peaks to them along with size increase. Im not sure how long ill see continued growth without training heavier. But im really liking what im seeing. The only aas im using is 750 mg of cyp a week. Ive had to put my ego, which is massive, aside and lift girl weights lol. But doing the high rep sets along with holding at peak contraction is showing great results so far. I did cheat monday and tgrew 405 on the bar to see how many times i could get it. But that was more because of the hot chick doing butt exercises right next to me. She had a phenominal.butt. A true work of art. And if youre wondering i got 4vreps, so ive lost a LOT of strength. And i didnt hit on the chick as much as it seemed possible.lol

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 11:18 AM   #2
Silntrunin
VET

Silntrunin is on a distinguished road
LOL aint nothing wrong lifting girl weights as long as your getting results brother.
That's all ive been lifting for the past 3-4 months myself. Neither one of us are spring chickens anymore and sooner or later the ego has to be checked or we just find ourselves with nagging injuries that end up limiting our training anyway.
Glad your seeing good results.
Silntrunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 09:55 AM   #3
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Im honestly shocked at the results. The first set is a massive burnout. I try to hit 50 reps. Havents made it yet. But every set sfter is slow and controlled squeezing aND holding at peak contraction. The burn is intense. Pain like I haven't felt in years. It hurts so bad I immediately want more.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Old 06-28-2023, 09:19 PM   #4
1bigun11

1bigun11 will become famous soon enough
I try for 50 reps on my first set too. Add some weight and then thirty on the second set. Add some more weight and go from there. Keeps my joints feeling good, and I can get great pumps with less weight, which at my age helps with injuries.
1bigun11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 06:18 PM   #5
HDH

HDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the rough
I've been using the girly weights (no offence to the ladies) for years now. I really wish I would have started with them and stuck with them.

My whole routine is based on light to moderate weights, with holds, supersets, trisets, giant sets, opposite and same muscle supers in the supers, tris and giants. I mix em up. Like a giant set of opposite muscle supers with holds at the top, slow on the negative while pyramiding the weights up, then down on the later sets.

It's the whole routine for me. I really enjoyed putting it all together, the technical side of it anyways. It was a way to feel like it was all new, which it pretty much was. Revamping everything gave me new motivation.

I only hit it 3 days a week but spend 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours per session. I have a day off in between which helps with healing after the long workouts. Don't let the words light or girly fool ya, these can be some grueling workouts.

Back and chest

shoulders

legs

I do a little arms on back/chest and shoulder days.

Holds at the top and slow on the negative is where I started. This also helped me a lot in making a mind muscle connection. Everything had to be controlled for me to make that connection. Too much or too little weight can easily cancel it out. Even lowering weight as the exercise goes on can help keep that connection. Once you do it though, it becomes easier to get it with the other exercises.

This is always a good topic. Years ago we would have guys arguing back and forth about this. Now that more people have tried it, mostly out of necessity, it's become pretty well accepted.
HDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 05:53 AM   #6
Nattynotmatt

Nattynotmatt is on a distinguished road
If your shoulder is still bothering u at all or you want it to be fully repaired you should look into BPC157 and TB500. I had a 2 year long shoulder injury that i thought i was going to have to need a complete shoulder replacement on. After 8 weeks on these my shoulder is 90% healed and im back to doing full shoulder workouts (light workout for now but at least im doing them). That stuff was a miracle for me brother. My fiance also ran it for a foot injury and now it no loger bothers her either. Keep working hard big bro!!!
Nattynotmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 10:13 PM   #7
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Nobody caught it Buf - but you KNOW I did.

Off for over a year, pushing 70 y.o, and STILL comes back and benches 405 x 4. THAT is insane.

p.s - Assuming you meant bench being that has always been your best lift. Excuse me if you meant 4 inch rack pulls.
Old 07-05-2023, 08:39 AM   #8
Roughrydr

LOL. Yeah brother, you know it was bench. I havent gone over 315 in forever. But this girls butt was literally a work of art. Lol. I was literally afraid when i unracked it. Maybe subconsciously i was hoping i wouldnt get it so she would have to stand over me to help. Lol.
And to the new dude, i did use some peptides to help in the healing process. That stuff is amazing.
But yeah light weights high reps is definitely the way to go now for me at my age. Honestly i wish i had started this sooner, but i always looked down on body builders as not strong. Until Ronnie Coleman of course. But now you see what shape he's in. So.... the math adds up for lighter weight higher reps.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Old 07-05-2023, 02:50 PM   #9
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughrydr View Post
LOL. Yeah brother, you know it was bench. I havent gone over 315 in forever. But this girls butt was literally a work of art. Lol. I was literally afraid when i unracked it. Maybe subconsciously i was hoping i wouldnt get it so she would have to stand over me to help. Lol.
And to the new dude, i did use some peptides to help in the healing process. That stuff is amazing.
But yeah light weights high reps is definitely the way to go now for me at my age. Honestly i wish i had started this sooner, but i always looked down on body builders as not strong. Until Ronnie Coleman of course. But now you see what shape he's in. So.... the math adds up for lighter weight higher reps.
Strong is a relative term. Not many have ever been as strong as you NOW, not to mention in your prime. There is strong, then there is "Buf strong" haha. You amigo are in that elite .001% group - always have been. Keep pumpin' brother.