Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Demigod
    • Feb 2018

Choices and Regrets

Is there any one thing in your life that you wish you could go back and do differently?
  • Chooch
    VET
    • Oct 2009

Not get involved in all the shit I’ve been involved in all my life. Seen friends go away for life, murder ppl, get murdered, FBI, DEA, etc….. you name it. It was fun living like a rock star when we were younger, getting older you wish you could forget about it but literally every single person you know is tied up in some shit so it’s just never ending. I try to set a good example now for my kid, stay on the right side of the law, even married a LEO. But you never really leave that life behind. Every time things start to seem “normal” something reminds you that your life really isn’t normal. I’m not ashamed of where I’ve been and what I’ve done, but if I could go back I’d definitely change things.

Comment

• wallyd
      VET
      • Aug 2015

I’ve got a few things I would change.
      1) I would’ve never got involved with crazy train (ex wife #2).

2) I would’ve told ex #1 to kick rocks, me & my daughter were staying in the house. Instead I was shamed into leaving.

3) I would’ve had more time to spend with my daughter if ex #2 (crazy train) had never entered my life. What an absolute shit show those years were. #1 was bad, #2 was a nightmare. The stories I can tell. We are seriously talking PTSD here.

There’s one gal I’ve had a crush on since I was too young to drive. I was already to ask her to prom & a guy beat me to it by one day. They stayed together, got married, had kids, moved away & are still together now. If I could’ve been that guy I could’ve avoided so much bs & drama. The only problem is I wouldn’t have my daughter. I love that little girl with all I have & id be heartbroken if that changed for any reason.
      Last edited by wallyd; 03-06-2023, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Paramuscle
        • Mar 2018

I don’t spend time with regrets. For me, it is wasted energy and I don’t waste energy on things that I cannot change. I will say this, every thing in my life led me to where I am right now and I am pretty fucking happy with that. Were there bad times? Obviously. But I don’t think I would change it and risk anything changes to the outcome. Obviously there are things I could have done better in life.

If we are talking about the concept of changing things without consequence to the current status we find ourselves in then yes, I have to say there are times that I wish I had been a better friend, a better father, a better husband, hell .... a better human being. In the end, God made me a high functioning sociopath for a reason and my rich uncle enjoyed employing me for that reason. I am pretty happy with my life folks..... for real.

~PM

Comment

• Rebornlite
          VET
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Paramuscle
          I don’t spend time with regrets. For me, it is wasted energy and I don’t waste energy on things that I cannot change. I will say this, every thing in my life led me to where I am right now and I am pretty fucking happy with that. Were there bad times? Obviously. But I don’t think I would change it and risk anything changes to the outcome. Obviously there are things I could have done better in life.

If we are talking about the concept of changing things without consequence to the current status we find ourselves in then yes, I have to say there are times that I wish I had been a better friend, a better father, a better husband, hell .... a better human being. In the end, God made me a high functioning sociopath for a reason and my rich uncle enjoyed employing me for that reason. I am pretty happy with my life folks..... for real.

~PM
          Good shit

Comment

• Demigod
            • Feb 2018

I suppose every choice I've ever made has led me to where I am today. And my life ain't so bad... I do wish I'd never fired a high powered rifle in a confined space with no hearing protection. Left me with some permanent hearing damage....my own dumb ass fault.

Comment

• Paramuscle
              • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Demigod
              I suppose every choice I've ever made has led me to where I am today. And my life ain't so bad... I do wish I'd never fired a high powered rifle in a confined space with no hearing protection. Left me with some permanent hearing damage....my own dumb ass fault.

I have had issued hearing aids since 2011 brother, both ears... I feel you. I have fired a few weapons in confined spaces as well.....

~PM

Comment

• Demigod
                • Feb 2018

I've thought about a hearing aid....does music sound the same bro? Music is a big part of my life...

Comment

• wallyd
                  VET
                  • Aug 2015

I've thought about a hearing aid....does music sound the same bro? Music is a big part of my life...
                  I’ve got to have my music for work. Not just for that but that gets me through the day.

Comment

• Paramuscle
                    • Mar 2018

To be honest, I’m not sure what music is supposed to sound like. I didn’t even know I had hearing loss. I mean, I knew it was difficult to hear sometimes and in crowded places but I thought that was the same for everyone. I will tell you that the hearing aids that I have are the ones they program specifically to your hearing loss. They only amplify the frequencies I am deficient in, not every sound available. For me, they work great but you will start hearing noises you didnt even know existed.

~PM

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
                      • May 2019

No regrets baby! I don't like to think about "what if" or going back bcoz you can drive yourself crazy with that. Live for the NOW bcoz tomorrow isn't guaranteed & ya can't change the past.
                      Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Darkness
                        • Apr 2011

I’m convinced that I’m right where I’m supposed to be.

I’m not necessarily thrilled with every path I took to get here, but that’s what happened period. There are many people I’ve wronged and I’ve made some sort of amends to all of them, even indirectly to those deceased. So I can look the world In The eye just fine which equals happiness with me.

I’m also quite certain that I’ve made every choice in my life so there’s no deflection or blaming others.

I am buying my wife a larger set of tits she wants next month. The last set have nothing wrong with them but she’s gained a lot of muscle since then and wants bigger ta tas. I wish all my problems could be fixed with $9000 bucks.

Comment

• b52
                          • Oct 2006

Hindsight is 20/20 but we're not going that way so I only look back to reflect. I just try to keep moving forward. I venture out into a lot of things. Fail at some and succeed at others but I don't know if the failures I would say I have regret. As frustrating as it can be I have the "now I know" mentality as opposed to "I wish I never did that" mentality or just never knowing what could have been because I didn't go for it. I guess that's what keeps a lot of us from ever going for something because we're afraid to fail, but you never know where something will take you when you see it through. I'm getting a little preachy but that's my .02
                          Last edited by b52; 03-10-2023, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                            • Oct 2017

I chose my path. It didn't choose me. So the things I was involved in or have done I did with my eyes wide open. I wish I had done tons of things differently or not done many many things. But I have done what I've done, now I live with it. I'm sorry for some things and intend not to do them again. So i.live with that, hoping forgiveness is real in the end and striving to be better and do better. But I've got no time or energy for regrets at my age. It is what it is.
                            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Bigpapapumpaf
                              VET
                              • Feb 2017

I think everything I have done in the past has made me who I am today so I would not say I have regrets. THere are some things that I wish I would have handled a little differently but I am who I am thanks to my past.

BPP

Comment

Working...