X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oatmeal77
    VET
    • Feb 2019

Spinal cord stimulator

What's up fellas? So for the past year I've been dealing with my degenerative disc disease. I've had some pretty moderate to severe pain in my lower lumbar area specifically L3 L4 and L5. Unfortunately it has caused my sciatic nerve to compress so I have the numbness the pain and weakness in my right leg. Long story short I've had over 12 steroid injections and I've actually had nerve ablation in six spots with no avail. I've been waiting for the past 3 months for my insurance to approve a spinal cord stimulator trial. Well I finally got the approval yesterday and they scheduled me for my procedure tomorrow. I was wondering if any of you or someone you may know has had any experience or success with a spinal cord stimulator. Thanks
  • Oatmeal77
    VET
    • Feb 2019

I forgot to mention this is just a seven-day trial to see if I get any pain relief.
    Last edited by Oatmeal77; 05-16-2023, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• massivkai
      Vet
      • Apr 2012

had a herniated disc in L3/L4 - 1 bulging disc in T3-4 and degenerative disc disease L4-L5… my sciatic pain, numbness and weakness was so bad that I couldn’t stand for longer than 15-20 seconds without severe pain. Ended up getting microdisectomy done. 1000x better now but still dealing with pain, random pins and needles etc over 2 years later. Same boat as you, been waiting for approval for a spinal court stim for 2 years now. My co worker has one for her arm / shoulder and she swears by it

Comment

Working...