X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Number-LL
    Vet
    • Jan 2012

Damn Elbow Again

I had a pretty long break from the weightroom. I started back a few weeks ago and right off the bat my right elbow started hurting with curls. Hammers are okay but even with an EZ curl bar and my hands turned in a little it hurts pretty bad.

Any suggestions? Any therapy I could do at home?
    I don't chase boys, I pass them! - My Daughter

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.
  • Darkness
    • Apr 2011

is it that tendon that connects your bicep or your elbow joint?

Comment

• Number-LL
      Vet
      • Jan 2012

In the bad spot on the joint. It is definitely on the back on the outside of the joint.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• Darkness
        • Apr 2011

I dont know man.

Comment

• Number-LL
          Vet
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Darkness
          I dont know man.
          Maybe switch hands when cuffing the carrot?

Comment

• Darkness
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Number-LL
            Maybe switch hands when cuffing the carrot?
            Of find a warm place to put it...

Comment

• Number-LL
              Vet
              • Jan 2012

Of find a warm place to put it...
              Have only located one cold one. Scary to say but it is more fun five versus one.

Comment

• ozzy69
                Assistant Admin
                • Jun 2011

id see a doctor on this one--joint/tendon/ligament issues need some real training to diagnose

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Just guessing, sounds like tendonitis. Been there, done that more than once. Don't do anything that aggrevates it and time should heal it. If not, go see the doc. If it is indeed tendonitis, a cortisone shot does wonders.

Comment

• tlane
                    VET
                    • Oct 2007

or a form of tennis elbow or bicep tendon. Maybe nothing major

Comment

• Number-LL
                      Vet
                      • Jan 2012

Thanks guys. The weird thing is it has been months out of the gym and it started up immediately. I may have to get a scan done on it.

Comment

• nightrain116
                        Vet
                        • Sep 2012

i think i have the same thing.. been going to therapy and they say it is calcium build up.. the therapy is kind of brutal but i improvise at the gym myself when it acts up and seems to help in between office visits.

follow the tendon from the elbow and push your thumb into it and slide your thumb along the tendon as you are pushing like a mofo! like you're trying to get the last bit of tooth paste out the tube.. do this several times... the doc uses what looks like a metal kids play knife... i usually have bruising then following day but it is helping... its also helping the range of movement that i lost in my right arm.. couldnt straighten my arm fully do to an injury... probably wont get it all back but any improvement is worth it.

Comment

• Darkness
                          • Apr 2011

Hey LL the procurement for "The Big Project" hit the street this week. I'm about to be swept away....

Wanna be my neighbor?

Comment

• Number-LL
                            Vet
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by nightrain116
                            i think i have the same thing.. been going to therapy and they say it is calcium build up.. the therapy is kind of brutal but i improvise at the gym myself when it acts up and seems to help in between office visits.

follow the tendon from the elbow and push your thumb into it and slide your thumb along the tendon as you are pushing like a mofo! like you're trying to get the last bit of tooth paste out the tube.. do this several times... the doc uses what looks like a metal kids play knife... i usually have bruising then following day but it is helping... its also helping the range of movement that i lost in my right arm.. couldnt straighten my arm fully do to an injury... probably wont get it all back but any improvement is worth it.
                            I think you hit it on the head! This is mainly from an old football injury but usually doesn't crop up until my curl weight does.

I use to go to a chiropractor that did something similar called Active Release Therapy(ART). It helped with the range of motion and the pain a little. I may have to look him up again. I would probably want it scoped first to make sure there isn't something more serious going on.

Comment

• Number-LL
                              Vet
                              • Jan 2012

Hey LL the procurement for "The Big Project" hit the street this week. I'm about to be swept away....

Wanna be my neighbor?
                              Good times! I'm sure it would be beautiful days in your neighborhood but don't know if I could swing it with the wife and kids.

Comment

Working...