Great Post

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chicken_hawk

Glad ozzy bumped this or I would have never read it and I agree with most of what was said, but the rant on isolation exercises does not apply to bbers IMHO.

This was my favorite as I have experienced great results from upping my frequency:
    4) Training a bodypart once per week (and one bodypart per day) is one of the worst ways to train. It will create a rut in your training that you can’t dig out of.

Training a bodypart twice per week has always been shown to be superior to once per week training of a muscle. The problem is with the influx of "Weider Principles" and other bodybuilding trash that's posted in the magazines, the masses have been stuck in the one-bodypart-per-day-per-week rut for years.

No strength athletes train a bodypart once per week. Most olympic lifters, powerlifters, and strongman train their backs at least four times per week, and last time I checked, they weren't lacking in back width.

The simple fact is that training using an upper/lower split or a push/pull split or 3 full body days will provide double or triple the training stimulus than training a muscle once per week and thus, if done correctly will lead to much, much greater growth and strength gains.

Hawk

Comment

• Glycomann

I want this one posted in my gym

14) “Core stability training” is not done on a swiss ball or a stability board. It’s done by pulling heavy deadlifts, standing overhead presses, full squats, heavy barbell rows, heavy farmer’s walks, Atlas stones, tire flipping, reverse hypers, heavy back extensions, glute ham raises, and heavy abdominal work.

Comment

• chicken_hawk

Originally posted by Glycomann
        I want this one posted in my gym

14) “Core stability training” is not done on a swiss ball or a stability board. It’s done by pulling heavy deadlifts, standing overhead presses, full squats, heavy barbell rows, heavy farmer’s walks, Atlas stones, tire flipping, reverse hypers, heavy back extensions, glute ham raises, and heavy abdominal work.
        No doubt,

Hawk

Comment

• Phatbastard
          • Jan 2012

Raised some controversy to say the least

Phat

Comment

Working...