Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigjoe

cut my arm open to clean my muscle

have this happened to anyone else?

I did a shot in the delt a week ago from last sunday, it was my first shot ever and I follow spotinjections.com instructions. Anyways it hurt for a few days and I was expecting that, then on wendsday my shoulder is red and swollen. Im thinking I had a reaction or somthing and read alot of posts about abecess's, and cant come to a conclusion. It continues to get worse but by friday my bicep is swollen and red as well as my shoulder and im in pain.

Well saturday morning the pain goes away and so does the swelling in the shoulder but now my bicep is swollen and I have two brusies, one on my upper bicep and one on my lower delt (about an 1 1/2 " below where I pinned.

So saturday night im thinking I got an injection and debating to go to the er. I holdoff and go to the clinic on monday (yesterday) and tell em its from b12.

doc says my bicep is infected and if their is no improvement in 24 hours i need to come to the er and go on iv antibiotics and have my muscle cleaned, now im tripping cause i have finals this week!! she prescribed 500mg cephalexin 4 times daily for 10 days and to take 2 aleves twice daily. my left arm is 2" bigger than my right at this point.

Its getting better so i didnt go back today, doc didnt know how it happened and i cant figure it out either, i did another shot in the glut and it went good, but when my shoulder and bicep were looking rough i decided not todo any more shots.
  • rado

Originally posted by bigjoe
    have this happened to anyone else?

I did a shot in the delt a week ago from last sunday, it was my first shot ever and I follow spotinjections.com instructions. Anyways it hurt for a few days and I was expecting that, then on wendsday my shoulder is red and swollen. Im thinking I had a reaction or somthing and read alot of posts about abecess's, and cant come to a conclusion. It continues to get worse but by friday my bicep is swollen and red as well as my shoulder and im in pain.

Well saturday morning the pain goes away and so does the swelling in the shoulder but now my bicep is swollen and I have two brusies, one on my upper bicep and one on my lower delt (about an 1 1/2 " below where I pinned.

So saturday night im thinking I got an injection and debating to go to the er. I holdoff and go to the clinic on monday (yesterday) and tell em its from b12.

doc says my bicep is infected and if their is no improvement in 24 hours i need to come to the er and go on iv antibiotics and have my muscle cleaned, now im tripping cause i have finals this week!! she prescribed 500mg cephalexin 4 times daily for 10 days and to take 2 aleves twice daily. my left arm is 2" bigger than my right at this point.

Its getting better so i didnt go back today, doc didnt know how it happened and i cant figure it out either, i did another shot in the glut and it went good, but when my shoulder and bicep were looking rough i decided not todo any more shots.
    Cepha will do the trick, great medicine for bacterial and other internal infections. You might of shot through some tendons, this is why most of us get the redness or hotness in that spot. you'll be fine, just next time be more cautious. can you post a pic?

info here

Comment

• bigjoe

Cepha will do the trick, great medicine for bacterial and other internal infections. You might of shot through some tendons, this is why most of us get the redness or hotness in that spot. you'll be fine, just next time be more cautious. can you post a pic?
      i could post a pic but its almost all cleared up now.
      u think that shooting thru tendons caused my bicep to get infected?
      or
      shooting thru tendons caused my shoulder to get swollen?

the doc thought that i got bacteria in it when i did the shot but it seems strange that my bicep got infected instead of my shoulder.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

You probably got celluitis which can move up or down and keep spreading unless treated. Watch for a reoccurence which is not uncommon after being treated with cephalexin, a z-pak would probably have been better.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

Working...